多圖預警,流量警告。
個人收藏帖,為方便摯友回顧而產生的作品。
*Coda作品集中的第13號作品。
۞
Chapter 12 – Theater – January 2010
第十二章 – 劇院 – 2010年01月
*Coda作品收錄者&旁白:Davey Wreden
*圖文收錄&添加吐槽者:本人
——————————
【DW】
This one took a lot longer than all the others for Coda to make, it was 4 months between this and the last one.
這個作品花費了Coda比其他都要久得多的時間來完成,與上一個作品之間隔了4個月。
That’s twice as long as it took him to make any other game before this, and it’s not like it’s particularly complex.
這是他為之前任何遊戲花費的時間的兩倍,更別提這個作品並不是特別複雜。
So I remember I found that a little… strange at the time.
所以我記得我當時覺得那有些…奇怪。
“→舞臺”
【“Me”】
Alright! The performance is beginning! Places please!
很好!演出開始了!各就各位!
In this scene, you will be playing as me.
在這一幕,你將要扮演我。
We are at a gathering of professionals.
我們在一場專家集會上。
First, you’ll start out learning against this wall.
首先,你得先倚著這面牆。
Good, stay right there.
好,就站在那兒。
The woman across the room, in this chair, is a professional photographer of animals.
舞臺對面坐在那把椅子上的那個女人,是一位專業動物攝影師。
It’s your dream to photograph animals professionally.
你的夢想一直是做一個專業動物攝影師。
This is your one chance to learn something from her, to gain something, to succeed.
這是你去向她討教的一個機會,一個得到點什麼的機會,一個走向成功的機會。
Go on, say something to her.
去啊,和她說點什麼。
一位專業的女士。她頭部四面分別寫著:“HAPP*Y”快樂、“WISE”智慧、“SUCCESSFUL”成功、“FOCUSED”專注
1. Hello.
1. 你好。
2. Sorry, I have to leave.
2. 抱歉,我必須離開了。
3. Where is the bathroom?
3. 洗手間在哪兒?
▶1:你好。
Hello? That’s it??
你好?這就完了??
That’s not a conversation!
這才不是對話!
You need to actually converse with her, be a human being.
你需要真正地與她交談,做個正常人。
Do it again.
再試試。
▶2:抱歉,我必須離開了。
You’re leaving?? You can’t leave!
你要走了??你不能走!
You’re letting your animal brain make decisions,
你在讓你的動物本能做決定,
be bigger than that and have an actual conversation with her.
要超越這一點,和她好好談談。
Do it again.
再試試。
▶3:洗手間在哪兒?
What are you doing??
你在幹什麼??
You’re deflecting, you’re not saying what’s actually on your mind.
你在轉移話題,你沒有說出你真正想說的話。
Stop dancing around it and have a conversation with this person.
別繞圈子了,和這個人好好談談。
Do it again.
再試試。
1. I’m super super scared right now.
1. 我現在非常非常害怕。
2. I like you.
2. 我喜歡你。
3. Here are all of my hopes and dreams:
3. 這是我所有的願望和夢想:
▶無論選1/2/3:
No no no! That’s not what I said to her at all!
不不不!那絕對不是我對她說的話!
You’re completely missing the tone of the conversation.
你完全把對話的基調搞錯了。
I was reserved but I knew what I wanted, I was confident.
我很內斂,但我知道我想要什麼,我很自信。
For some reason it was just that one moment, but I was confident.
不知什麼原因只在那一刻,但我就是很自信。
嘰裡咕嚕說些什麼呢?完全聽不到呢()
Maybe it’s that you need a better feel of the setting. There were a lot of people around us.
也許只是因為你需要從安排上獲得一些慰藉。之前我們周圍有很多人。
I’ll give you some props to work with. These cones that bounce when you touch them will represent the people nearby.
我給你一些輔助用的道具。這些你觸碰後感覺有彈性的錐形物代表人。
Now talk to her again!
現在再試試跟她說話!
代表圍觀群眾的彈性圓錐。彈來彈去還有各種清脆的音效,比遊戲本身好玩多了(沒有)
我生氣了!我要踩在你的頭上(遷怒無辜)
1. You must have worked really hard to get where you are.
1. 你一定下了不少苦工才達到今天的位置。
2. I’ll bet you’ve learned to lean into the pain.
2. 我打賭你一定從痛苦中學到不少東西。
3. What are some sacrifices you’ve had to make?
3. 你曾經有過什麼必須做出的犧牲?
▶無論選1/2/3:
You’re messing it all up again!
你又全都搞砸了!
You’ll freak her out if the conversation gets that personal that quickly!
話題這麼快進入私人領域你會把她嚇壞的!
Do you not realize how important this was for me? I’ll never get another opportunity like this again.
你難道沒有意識到這對我有多重要嗎?我再也不會得到另一個類似的機會了。
Everything was riding on this!
一切都取決於這次表現!
——————————
【“Me”】
Hm…I want to try something.
嗯…我想試試其他東西。
Try stepping back from the stage.
試著在舞臺上退後。
突然,道具消失,紅布拉開,露出背面黑暗的走廊
隨著後退,有鐵門落下,將我們與舞臺隔開
Okay, yes! Now this is working! This is what it was like!
好,不錯!現在這樣做很管用!這就是事情原本應該的走向!
That’s perfect, wonderful, this is really wonderful.
完美,真棒,這真的太棒了。
You’re doing great.
你做得很好。
【DW】
The game ends with this eerie premonition of what’s going to happen next in Coda’s life.
遊戲的結尾不詳地預示了Coda將要面對的處境。
The solution to social anxiety, to fears of having to perform and having to chase success, the answer for Coda is to withdraw.
面對社交的焦慮,害怕表現,被迫追求成功,Coda的答案是撤退。
To hide himself away.
把他自己隱藏起來。
Which is what leads to scenarios like the stairs that slowed you down several games ago,
這導致了像幾個作品之前的那部作品中,樓梯變慢使你速度降下來的情景。
where it just becomes harder and harder to access Coda’s inner landscape because he keeps retreating,
因為Coda一直在退縮,所以越來越難進入他的內心世界。
he just keeps backing away from possible connections to anyone other than himself.
他總是逃避與別人的交往。
And to be honest I didn’t consider it very healthy, when I first played this game.
並且事實上我第一次玩這部作品時,我認為這不健康。
It looked to me like he was trying to justify the idea of disconnecting yourself from the world.
據我看,他正在努力地為“與世界隔絕”這種想法辯護。
And that wasn’t what I wanted for him or for his games. Because I feel like a lot of his games are inviting me to connect, to connect with this person, to bring him closer.
這不是我想要的結果,因為我認為他的大部分作品都在邀請我去了解,瞭解他的為人,讓我更接近他。
But what can you do?
但你能做什麼?
After this Coda went off and took another 5 months to make a new game.
這之後Coda又用了五個月來做一個新的遊戲。