多图预警,流量警告。
个人收藏帖,为方便挚友回顾而产生的作品。
*Coda作品集中的第13号作品。
۞
Chapter 12 – Theater – January 2010
第十二章 – 剧院 – 2010年01月
*Coda作品收录者&旁白:Davey Wreden
*图文收录&添加吐槽者:本人
——————————
【DW】
This one took a lot longer than all the others for Coda to make, it was 4 months between this and the last one.
这个作品花费了Coda比其他都要久得多的时间来完成,与上一个作品之间隔了4个月。
That’s twice as long as it took him to make any other game before this, and it’s not like it’s particularly complex.
这是他为之前任何游戏花费的时间的两倍,更别提这个作品并不是特别复杂。
So I remember I found that a little… strange at the time.
所以我记得我当时觉得那有些…奇怪。
“→舞台”
【“Me”】
Alright! The performance is beginning! Places please!
很好!演出开始了!各就各位!
In this scene, you will be playing as me.
在这一幕,你将要扮演我。
We are at a gathering of professionals.
我们在一场专家集会上。
First, you’ll start out learning against this wall.
首先,你得先倚着这面墙。
Good, stay right there.
好,就站在那儿。
The woman across the room, in this chair, is a professional photographer of animals.
舞台对面坐在那把椅子上的那个女人,是一位专业动物摄影师。
It’s your dream to photograph animals professionally.
你的梦想一直是做一个专业动物摄影师。
This is your one chance to learn something from her, to gain something, to succeed.
这是你去向她讨教的一个机会,一个得到点什么的机会,一个走向成功的机会。
Go on, say something to her.
去啊,和她说点什么。
一位专业的女士。她头部四面分别写着:“HAPP*Y”快乐、“WISE”智慧、“SUCCESSFUL”成功、“FOCUSED”专注
1. Hello.
1. 你好。
2. Sorry, I have to leave.
2. 抱歉,我必须离开了。
3. Where is the bathroom?
3. 洗手间在哪儿?
▶1:你好。
Hello? That’s it??
你好?这就完了??
That’s not a conversation!
这才不是对话!
You need to actually converse with her, be a human being.
你需要真正地与她交谈,做个正常人。
Do it again.
再试试。
▶2:抱歉,我必须离开了。
You’re leaving?? You can’t leave!
你要走了??你不能走!
You’re letting your animal brain make decisions,
你在让你的动物本能做决定,
be bigger than that and have an actual conversation with her.
要超越这一点,和她好好谈谈。
Do it again.
再试试。
▶3:洗手间在哪儿?
What are you doing??
你在干什么??
You’re deflecting, you’re not saying what’s actually on your mind.
你在转移话题,你没有说出你真正想说的话。
Stop dancing around it and have a conversation with this person.
别绕圈子了,和这个人好好谈谈。
Do it again.
再试试。
1. I’m super super scared right now.
1. 我现在非常非常害怕。
2. I like you.
2. 我喜欢你。
3. Here are all of my hopes and dreams:
3. 这是我所有的愿望和梦想:
▶无论选1/2/3:
No no no! That’s not what I said to her at all!
不不不!那绝对不是我对她说的话!
You’re completely missing the tone of the conversation.
你完全把对话的基调搞错了。
I was reserved but I knew what I wanted, I was confident.
我很内敛,但我知道我想要什么,我很自信。
For some reason it was just that one moment, but I was confident.
不知什么原因只在那一刻,但我就是很自信。
叽里咕噜说些什么呢?完全听不到呢()
Maybe it’s that you need a better feel of the setting. There were a lot of people around us.
也许只是因为你需要从安排上获得一些慰藉。之前我们周围有很多人。
I’ll give you some props to work with. These cones that bounce when you touch them will represent the people nearby.
我给你一些辅助用的道具。这些你触碰后感觉有弹性的锥形物代表人。
Now talk to her again!
现在再试试跟她说话!
代表围观群众的弹性圆锥。弹来弹去还有各种清脆的音效,比游戏本身好玩多了(没有)
我生气了!我要踩在你的头上(迁怒无辜)
1. You must have worked really hard to get where you are.
1. 你一定下了不少苦工才达到今天的位置。
2. I’ll bet you’ve learned to lean into the pain.
2. 我打赌你一定从痛苦中学到不少东西。
3. What are some sacrifices you’ve had to make?
3. 你曾经有过什么必须做出的牺牲?
▶无论选1/2/3:
You’re messing it all up again!
你又全都搞砸了!
You’ll freak her out if the conversation gets that personal that quickly!
话题这么快进入私人领域你会把她吓坏的!
Do you not realize how important this was for me? I’ll never get another opportunity like this again.
你难道没有意识到这对我有多重要吗?我再也不会得到另一个类似的机会了。
Everything was riding on this!
一切都取决于这次表现!
——————————
【“Me”】
Hm…I want to try something.
嗯…我想试试其他东西。
Try stepping back from the stage.
试着在舞台上退后。
突然,道具消失,红布拉开,露出背面黑暗的走廊
随着后退,有铁门落下,将我们与舞台隔开
Okay, yes! Now this is working! This is what it was like!
好,不错!现在这样做很管用!这就是事情原本应该的走向!
That’s perfect, wonderful, this is really wonderful.
完美,真棒,这真的太棒了。
You’re doing great.
你做得很好。
【DW】
The game ends with this eerie premonition of what’s going to happen next in Coda’s life.
游戏的结尾不详地预示了Coda将要面对的处境。
The solution to social anxiety, to fears of having to perform and having to chase success, the answer for Coda is to withdraw.
面对社交的焦虑,害怕表现,被迫追求成功,Coda的答案是撤退。
To hide himself away.
把他自己隐藏起来。
Which is what leads to scenarios like the stairs that slowed you down several games ago,
这导致了像几个作品之前的那部作品中,楼梯变慢使你速度降下来的情景。
where it just becomes harder and harder to access Coda’s inner landscape because he keeps retreating,
因为Coda一直在退缩,所以越来越难进入他的内心世界。
he just keeps backing away from possible connections to anyone other than himself.
他总是逃避与别人的交往。
And to be honest I didn’t consider it very healthy, when I first played this game.
并且事实上我第一次玩这部作品时,我认为这不健康。
It looked to me like he was trying to justify the idea of disconnecting yourself from the world.
据我看,他正在努力地为“与世界隔绝”这种想法辩护。
And that wasn’t what I wanted for him or for his games. Because I feel like a lot of his games are inviting me to connect, to connect with this person, to bring him closer.
这不是我想要的结果,因为我认为他的大部分作品都在邀请我去了解,了解他的为人,让我更接近他。
But what can you do?
但你能做什么?
After this Coda went off and took another 5 months to make a new game.
这之后Coda又用了五个月来做一个新的游戏。