多圖預警,流量警告。
個人收藏帖,為方便摯友回顧而產生的作品。
*Coda作品集中的第09號作品。
۞
Chapter 8 – Notes – April 2009
第八章 – 留言 – 2009年04月
*Coda作品收錄者&旁白:Davey Wreden
*圖文收錄&添加吐槽者:本人
——————————
*此遊戲已連接互聯網
*當你走動時,你可以留言
*你所看到的所有留言都是其他玩家留下的
——————————
nice room. Not.
不錯的房間。才怪。
How do you beat this game??
怎麼打通這個遊戲??
留言靠近後自動顯示
So first off I’m sure you can deduce this, but this game is not connected to the internet, all of the notes you’re going to see have been written BY Coda.
首先我很確定你能推測出,但我還是要說,這個遊戲沒有連網。你看到的所有留言都是Coda一人寫的。
no point to this
沒有任何意義
Woah, holy shit
哇哦,臥*
很多“留言”
遠處密密麻麻全是藍色氣泡,但那些地方我們無法走過去(除非開了)。這遊戲太冷門,名字又叫《新手指南》容易搜索出其他視頻和內容,連怎麼開都很難搜
This was actually the first game of his that I ever played, this was shortly after I met him at a weekend game jam in Sacramento where I grew up.
實際上這款遊戲是他所有遊戲當中我最早玩過的,在我家鄉薩克拉門託的一次週末遊戲大會上,我遇見了他,並在之後不久玩到了這款遊戲。
I saw him working on this very level, and it was just so different from anything that anyone else was doing so right away I was like, I have to be friends with this person.
我看到他的時候,他恰好就在做這個關卡,而這個關卡與其他所有人做的所有遊戲都大相徑庭,所以當時我立刻就想,我一定要跟這個人交朋友。
In retrospect I think I was probably a bit too pushy trying to get his attention.
現在回想起來,當時我為了得到他的注意大概有點過於一意孤行了。
I was overenthusiastic.
我有些狂熱過頭了。
But he was very gracious about it and very patient with me.
但他卻表現得非常和藹可親,而且對我很有耐心。
And I cooled off eventually.
而我最後也冷靜下來了。
Feel free to skip over any of those notes if they’re not doing anything for you, nothing extra will happen if you read all of them.
如果你覺得這些留言對你沒有任何用的話,你可以隨意跳過,即使你把它們全都讀完了也不會有什麼額外的事情發生。
讀過的都變成灰色
Can u guys hear me?
你們能聽得到我嗎?
Hello!
你們好!
Reasonable.
有道理。
The guy over there wrote much wrong.
那邊那個傢伙老是寫錯。
I’d rather be doing literally anything other than playing this
說實在的我寧願幹任何事也不想玩這個遊戲
Hey I can type here!
嘿我能在這兒打字!
There are too many messages in this area
這片地區的留言太多了
why
為什麼
In a world full of notes. One man will read all of them. This Summer. You will believe blue speech bubbles can talk.
在一個到處都是留言的世界裡,一個人會把它們全都讀一遍。這個夏天,你就會相信藍色的聊天氣泡真的會講話。
“在一個到處都是留言的世界裡,一個人會把它們全都讀一遍。這個夏天,你就會相信藍色的聊天氣泡真的會講話。”
Do you feel like a hero yet?
你現在覺得你像一個英雄了嗎?
This game is no nice. I would likeit when i could
這個遊戲不怎麼樣,等我能喜歡它的時候再喜歡它吧
Cool cavern bro
山洞挺不錯的老兄
We’re running out of space. SOon, we will suffocate.
空間不多了。再過不久,我們就會窒息而死。
Do not be afraid. Do care.
不要害怕。要有愛。
I just saw a flying penguin, let me tell you it was the most majestic thing I have ever seen! I don’t feel like living because nothing will ever be as majestic as that. I never want to see again if nothing will ever be that beautiful again. I am crying now and plan on ripping my eyes out. I must go now to do that.
我剛看見了一隻會飛的企鵝,我跟你說這是我有生以來見過的最壯麗的東西!我不想活了因為這世上沒有什麼別的東西能和它一樣壯麗了,如果再也沒有像那一樣美麗的事物我就再也不想看任何東西了。我正在哭泣並打算把我的眼睛摳出來,我必須這麼做。
一條超長“留言”
——————————
Either way, to me they convey a sense of loneliness, I see this person who’s filled with thoughts and feeling and beliefs, and has no way to express them except as scattered and unheard voices in a game that wasn’t meant to be played.
不管怎麼說,我覺得它們傳達出了一種孤獨感。我能看到這個人充滿了幻想、情感和信念,但卻無從表達它們,只能通過在一個本意不是用來玩的遊戲裡面放置零散的、無法被聽到的聲音來體現出來。
But it’s ironic, isn’t it, that in playing this game and seeing how alone Coda often felt, that we get to know him better, and actually kind of connect with him.
但是這也有點兒諷刺對吧。在玩這個遊戲的時候,我們能看出來Coda經常忍受著孤單,於是我們對他的瞭解就更進了一步,而且實際上與他有了某種交流。
And I have to be honest with you, this idea is really seductive to me!
而且我跟你說實話,這種想法對我很有誘惑力!
That I could just play someone’s game and see the voices in their head and get to know them better and have to do less of the messy in-person socializing.
我能通過玩一個人的遊戲就聽到他內心裡的聲音,這樣就避免了很多與他個人的繁雜瑣碎的面對面社交活動。
I could just get to know you through your work.
我能通過你的作品認識你。
I think this is way I always liked Coda’s games so much, is because it felt like they let me have that connection.
我覺得這就是我總是十分喜愛Coda做的遊戲的原因,這感覺就像是它們讓我與作者聯繫在了一起。
I felt as though he was inviting me personally into his world.
我感覺就好像他邀請我獨自進入了他的內心世界。
And then I feel less lonely too.
然後我也不再覺得那麼寂寞了。
——————————
Brrrrfstno[[]]]]”□□
*一堆亂碼*
how is there wood and grass and concrete here wtf
怎麼會又有樹又有草又有混凝土在這裡什麼鬼
balls
球
I want to tell you a secret. Once UPON a time I did…
我要告訴你們一個秘密。曾經有一天我……
define fun
定義快樂
I’M KING OF THE WORLD!!
我是世界之王!!
實際上這裡就兩米高而已......
this place makes me sad.
這個地方讓我感到失落。
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy
嘿~~~~~~~~~
Everyone read this!!
所有人都來讀這一條!!
what the shit is this cavern
這個洞穴算個啥鬼
BORRRRRRRRRING
真無聊真無聊真無聊
I can assure you guaranteed that there is an acorn somewhere, here, in this place, and the sailors are looking for it
我能萬分向你保證某個地方有一個橡子,就在這裡,有水手們正在找它
hey guys, just lookin for someone to talk with
嘿夥計們,找個人聊聊天吧
I refuse to believe
我拒絕相信
buttassbutt
大*眼子
i need to go to the frickin bathroom
我得去該死的廁所了
recognize me please
請記住我
瑩瑩點點的藍色泡泡像點綴夜空的星星,彷彿真的有一種“它們都由真人留下”、“每一個泡泡都代表了一個人”的錯覺
There’s nothing here. Go back.
前面什麼都沒有。回去吧。
Don’t listen to that guy!
別聽那傢伙的!
“前面什麼都沒有。回去吧。”
“別聽那傢伙的!”
a FREEEEEEEE t-shirt!
一件免費的不要錢的白拿的T恤!
NNEED OTHER SIDE! DOOR WHY U SO
我要到另一邊去!門你怎麼這樣
Make game. Includes door. Cannot open door. Thanks.
做個遊戲,造了個門,門打不開,真謝謝你。
OPEN SESAME
芝麻開門
door how open
門怎麼開
Some day I will meet the person who made this
總有一天我會遇到做這個遊戲的人
I help people because of the interal good feeling I get
我幫助他人是因為我能得到內心上的快樂
NEW ROOM!!
新的房間!
Do you hear the chimes? They keep^you going, don’t they?
能聽到敲鐘聲嗎?他們促使你前行,不是嗎?
Scared of writing something. Don’t want to feel judged.
不敢寫任何東西。不想被評判。
It’s not very crowded here
這兒人並不多
I would like very much to be desired
我十分想要能被人追求
Welcome: CONGRATULATIONS. I don’t really know where to go with this.
歡迎:恭喜你。我實在沒別的啥可說的了。
you can go in here, I think
你能走到裡面去,我覺得
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t bother
呃呃呃呃呃呃呃呃呃別煩我
A game where you leave notes and suddenly everyone’s a poet
一個你可以留言的遊戲,然後突然間所有人都變成了詩人
對面亮光就是前文那扇打不開的門裡面的路。同樣地,那些泡泡只是給我們展示一下它們的存在而已,我們無法過去
This is where I get off
我就是從這兒退出去的
I failed to write anything here
我沒法在這裡寫東西
I am compelled
我是被逼的
STOP, TURN BACK, PROCEEDING FURTHER WILL ONLY RESULT IN MISERY
停下,回頭。繼續前進只會招致不幸
Take my hand, let’s jump together
牽住我的手,我們一起跳過去
實際上所有地方都有空氣牆(但是我走到這裡才想起這個遊戲可以跳躍)
總有一天我要把Coda的建築搬進MC(也許是十年後?)
cabbage shapes our nation
捲心菜塑造了我們的國家
What is that painting?
那幅畫是啥?
It does not matter if you ever get over there
不管你來沒來過這兒,都沒啥用
very good game!
很不錯的遊戲!
hey don’t talk about me that way
嘿別那樣說我
I think I’m this is not going anywhere
我覺得我在這裡哪兒也去不了
next time I will do better
下一次我會做得更好
i need someone to talk to
我需要和誰說說話
this is a note?
這是條留言?
Don’t listen to the other notes
別聽其他留言說的
“別聽其他留言說的”
today I learned yuou cannot fall off
今天我明白了你是掉不下去的
Ethical.
符合倫理。
Well done, all of you
幹得好,你們所有人
PAINTING. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!
這幅畫。它是什麼意思!!
Whoever made this has issues
做這個東西的人有問題
art
藝術
stop faking it
別再偽裝了
Hey guys hows it going just hangin
嘿哥們最近咋樣只是隨便逛逛
Help, I am trying to speak
幫幫我,我在嘗試說話
who ARE all of you?
你們所有人都是誰?
I SAW A PERSON WALKING DOWN THERE! now it won’t come back :’(
我看到有一個人在下面走!然後他就再沒回來過 :(
Devil Tower Star
惡魔、塔、星星
It’s about how this game is pretentious and you all suck
這個遊戲很狂妄自大,而在座各位都是垃圾
Stop pretending you are other people
別再假裝你是別人了
“別再假裝你是別人了”
WE WOLL ALL DIE SOME DAY
我們總有一天都會死
Sopilers: it doesn’t mean anything
劇透:這並沒有什麼用
cabbage shapes our nation
捲心菜塑造了我們的國家
From up here it just looks like dots
在這個地方向上看它就像是一堆斑點
“在這個地方向上看它就像是一堆斑點”
I think it’s about how things look messy from up close and perfect from far away
我覺得這說明了一些東西在近處看是亂糟糟的,在遠處看就很完美
“我覺得這說明了一些東西在近處看是亂糟糟的,在遠處看就很完美”
Devil Tower Star
惡魔、塔、星星
he was, himself, the most horrible creature he could imagine
他就是他自己所能想象到的最恐怖的生物
Maybe i’ll feel real some day
也許有一天我會感覺到真實
“也許有一天我會感覺到真實”
well, i’m here now
好吧,我到這兒了
Yeah we’re ALL here now
沒錯我們都到這兒了
there must be a reason for it, though
這背後一定有個原因
His terrible secret, he kept it well
他可怕的秘密,他隱藏得很好
I beat the game!!
我通關啦!!
More room?
還有房間?
Scared of writing something. Don’t want to feel judged.
不敢寫任何東西。不想被評判。
Escape…escape…need an escape
出口……出口……需要出口
He cut it up, and spread it between worlds
他剪碎了它,並使其擴散在世界之間
almost there…
就快到了……
I have seen every thing. I have traveled the world. I have never told anyone
我看見了所有的事物。我走遍了世界各地。我從沒告訴過任何人
I wish there were notes in the real world
我希望現實世界裡也有留言
“我希望現實世界裡也有留言”
Become one with the spiraling nonsense
變成了螺旋形廢話中的一員
DOWNWARD. KEEP DIGGING.
向下走。繼續深挖。
You close your eyes and wish for it really bad
你閉上了眼睛,開始極度地渴求它
almost at the end!
快要到終點了!
At the end of this level we’re going to see the puzzle again, and here I’ll tell you what I think the puzzle means.
在本關的最後我們又將見到那個謎題,現在我來告訴你我覺得這個謎題的含義是什麼。
Each of these games represents an idea that was on Coda’s mind at the time that he was making it.
這些遊戲中的每一款都代表了Coda在製作它們時自己心中的想法。
And the puzzle is a way of closing the door on a previous chapter of his life before moving onto the next one.
而這個謎題就代表著在進入自己人生的下一篇章之前關上前面篇章的門。
——————————
Does this puzzle have a solution??
這個謎題有解決方法嗎??
omg i have been here for literally an hour wtf do I do
我的天我已經在這裡呆了整整一小時了我該怎麼辦
HALP
求助
Shit. How do you solve it.
瑪德,你們怎麼解決的?
this doesn’t make sense, the second door won’t open!
這不科學,第二扇門就是打不開!
Developer, answers please?
開發者,能給答案嗎?
HALP
求助
۞
In each of his games, after exploring a theme that he might find difficult, Coda can place this puzzle that he knows has a reliable solution, he understands exactly how it works, and so it gives him a simple mechanism for moving on.
在他的每一款遊戲中,在他對一個他覺得有困難的主題進行探索之後,Coda就能把這個他知道確切解法的謎題放在這裡,他完全知道這個謎題的原理,這也就以一種簡單的方式給了他繼續前行的動力。
And because there’s this dark area between the doors, a space between space, before you move on you get to pause, just for a moment, a few seconds to reflect on and let go of the events that lead you here.
而且正因為在兩扇門之間存在著一片陰暗的空間,也就是兩片空間之間的空間,你就能在繼續之前先停歇一會兒,用幾秒鐘的時間回憶並忘卻那些帶領你來到這裡的事情。
To step back and connect the pieces together, to grasp at that elusive bigger picture.
你就能後退一步並將所有的碎片拼在一起。
۞
I’m heading back to the start, later guys
我要回起點了,回頭見各位
uhh, no answer I think?
呃,我覺得無解?
Guys, it’s not so bad in here.
大家,在這裡面也沒什麼不好。
No solution
無解
There is no second switch
沒有第二個開關
第二扇門打開後,走廊裡有唯一的一個留言
How do you leave notes?
你們怎麼留言的?
唯一一個走到這裡的“留言”,他說:“你們怎麼留言的?”
繼續往裡走,伴隨著越來越清晰嘈雜的打字機聲音,我們來到終點
一盞突兀的路燈,周圍佈滿密密麻麻的打字機。它們在不斷地自發打字,對我們生成文本
Are you there?
你在嗎?
Please, say something
拜託你,說些什麼
It can be anything, I just need you to say something!
什麼都行,我只需要你說點什麼!
Talk to me! please!
跟我說話!求求你!
Why are you having so much difficulty talking?
為什麼你說句話就這麼困難
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!
Speak!
說話!