多图预警,流量警告。
个人收藏帖,为方便挚友回顾而产生的作品。
*Coda作品集中的第09号作品。
۞
Chapter 8 – Notes – April 2009
第八章 – 留言 – 2009年04月
*Coda作品收录者&旁白:Davey Wreden
*图文收录&添加吐槽者:本人
——————————
*此游戏已连接互联网
*当你走动时,你可以留言
*你所看到的所有留言都是其他玩家留下的
——————————
nice room. Not.
不错的房间。才怪。
How do you beat this game??
怎么打通这个游戏??
留言靠近后自动显示
So first off I’m sure you can deduce this, but this game is not connected to the internet, all of the notes you’re going to see have been written BY Coda.
首先我很确定你能推测出,但我还是要说,这个游戏没有连网。你看到的所有留言都是Coda一人写的。
no point to this
没有任何意义
Woah, holy shit
哇哦,卧*
很多“留言”
远处密密麻麻全是蓝色气泡,但那些地方我们无法走过去(除非开了)。这游戏太冷门,名字又叫《新手指南》容易搜索出其他视频和内容,连怎么开都很难搜
This was actually the first game of his that I ever played, this was shortly after I met him at a weekend game jam in Sacramento where I grew up.
实际上这款游戏是他所有游戏当中我最早玩过的,在我家乡萨克拉门托的一次周末游戏大会上,我遇见了他,并在之后不久玩到了这款游戏。
I saw him working on this very level, and it was just so different from anything that anyone else was doing so right away I was like, I have to be friends with this person.
我看到他的时候,他恰好就在做这个关卡,而这个关卡与其他所有人做的所有游戏都大相径庭,所以当时我立刻就想,我一定要跟这个人交朋友。
In retrospect I think I was probably a bit too pushy trying to get his attention.
现在回想起来,当时我为了得到他的注意大概有点过于一意孤行了。
I was overenthusiastic.
我有些狂热过头了。
But he was very gracious about it and very patient with me.
但他却表现得非常和蔼可亲,而且对我很有耐心。
And I cooled off eventually.
而我最后也冷静下来了。
Feel free to skip over any of those notes if they’re not doing anything for you, nothing extra will happen if you read all of them.
如果你觉得这些留言对你没有任何用的话,你可以随意跳过,即使你把它们全都读完了也不会有什么额外的事情发生。
读过的都变成灰色
Can u guys hear me?
你们能听得到我吗?
Hello!
你们好!
Reasonable.
有道理。
The guy over there wrote much wrong.
那边那个家伙老是写错。
I’d rather be doing literally anything other than playing this
说实在的我宁愿干任何事也不想玩这个游戏
Hey I can type here!
嘿我能在这儿打字!
There are too many messages in this area
这片地区的留言太多了
why
为什么
In a world full of notes. One man will read all of them. This Summer. You will believe blue speech bubbles can talk.
在一个到处都是留言的世界里,一个人会把它们全都读一遍。这个夏天,你就会相信蓝色的聊天气泡真的会讲话。
“在一个到处都是留言的世界里,一个人会把它们全都读一遍。这个夏天,你就会相信蓝色的聊天气泡真的会讲话。”
Do you feel like a hero yet?
你现在觉得你像一个英雄了吗?
This game is no nice. I would likeit when i could
这个游戏不怎么样,等我能喜欢它的时候再喜欢它吧
Cool cavern bro
山洞挺不错的老兄
We’re running out of space. SOon, we will suffocate.
空间不多了。再过不久,我们就会窒息而死。
Do not be afraid. Do care.
不要害怕。要有爱。
I just saw a flying penguin, let me tell you it was the most majestic thing I have ever seen! I don’t feel like living because nothing will ever be as majestic as that. I never want to see again if nothing will ever be that beautiful again. I am crying now and plan on ripping my eyes out. I must go now to do that.
我刚看见了一只会飞的企鹅,我跟你说这是我有生以来见过的最壮丽的东西!我不想活了因为这世上没有什么别的东西能和它一样壮丽了,如果再也没有像那一样美丽的事物我就再也不想看任何东西了。我正在哭泣并打算把我的眼睛抠出来,我必须这么做。
一条超长“留言”
——————————
Either way, to me they convey a sense of loneliness, I see this person who’s filled with thoughts and feeling and beliefs, and has no way to express them except as scattered and unheard voices in a game that wasn’t meant to be played.
不管怎么说,我觉得它们传达出了一种孤独感。我能看到这个人充满了幻想、情感和信念,但却无从表达它们,只能通过在一个本意不是用来玩的游戏里面放置零散的、无法被听到的声音来体现出来。
But it’s ironic, isn’t it, that in playing this game and seeing how alone Coda often felt, that we get to know him better, and actually kind of connect with him.
但是这也有点儿讽刺对吧。在玩这个游戏的时候,我们能看出来Coda经常忍受着孤单,于是我们对他的了解就更进了一步,而且实际上与他有了某种交流。
And I have to be honest with you, this idea is really seductive to me!
而且我跟你说实话,这种想法对我很有诱惑力!
That I could just play someone’s game and see the voices in their head and get to know them better and have to do less of the messy in-person socializing.
我能通过玩一个人的游戏就听到他内心里的声音,这样就避免了很多与他个人的繁杂琐碎的面对面社交活动。
I could just get to know you through your work.
我能通过你的作品认识你。
I think this is way I always liked Coda’s games so much, is because it felt like they let me have that connection.
我觉得这就是我总是十分喜爱Coda做的游戏的原因,这感觉就像是它们让我与作者联系在了一起。
I felt as though he was inviting me personally into his world.
我感觉就好像他邀请我独自进入了他的内心世界。
And then I feel less lonely too.
然后我也不再觉得那么寂寞了。
——————————
Brrrrfstno[[]]]]”□□
*一堆乱码*
how is there wood and grass and concrete here wtf
怎么会又有树又有草又有混凝土在这里什么鬼
balls
球
I want to tell you a secret. Once UPON a time I did…
我要告诉你们一个秘密。曾经有一天我……
define fun
定义快乐
I’M KING OF THE WORLD!!
我是世界之王!!
实际上这里就两米高而已......
this place makes me sad.
这个地方让我感到失落。
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy
嘿~~~~~~~~~
Everyone read this!!
所有人都来读这一条!!
what the shit is this cavern
这个洞穴算个啥鬼
BORRRRRRRRRING
真无聊真无聊真无聊
I can assure you guaranteed that there is an acorn somewhere, here, in this place, and the sailors are looking for it
我能万分向你保证某个地方有一个橡子,就在这里,有水手们正在找它
hey guys, just lookin for someone to talk with
嘿伙计们,找个人聊聊天吧
I refuse to believe
我拒绝相信
buttassbutt
大*眼子
i need to go to the frickin bathroom
我得去该死的厕所了
recognize me please
请记住我
莹莹点点的蓝色泡泡像点缀夜空的星星,仿佛真的有一种“它们都由真人留下”、“每一个泡泡都代表了一个人”的错觉
There’s nothing here. Go back.
前面什么都没有。回去吧。
Don’t listen to that guy!
别听那家伙的!
“前面什么都没有。回去吧。”
“别听那家伙的!”
a FREEEEEEEE t-shirt!
一件免费的不要钱的白拿的T恤!
NNEED OTHER SIDE! DOOR WHY U SO
我要到另一边去!门你怎么这样
Make game. Includes door. Cannot open door. Thanks.
做个游戏,造了个门,门打不开,真谢谢你。
OPEN SESAME
芝麻开门
door how open
门怎么开
Some day I will meet the person who made this
总有一天我会遇到做这个游戏的人
I help people because of the interal good feeling I get
我帮助他人是因为我能得到内心上的快乐
NEW ROOM!!
新的房间!
Do you hear the chimes? They keep^you going, don’t they?
能听到敲钟声吗?他们促使你前行,不是吗?
Scared of writing something. Don’t want to feel judged.
不敢写任何东西。不想被评判。
It’s not very crowded here
这儿人并不多
I would like very much to be desired
我十分想要能被人追求
Welcome: CONGRATULATIONS. I don’t really know where to go with this.
欢迎:恭喜你。我实在没别的啥可说的了。
you can go in here, I think
你能走到里面去,我觉得
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t bother
呃呃呃呃呃呃呃呃呃别烦我
A game where you leave notes and suddenly everyone’s a poet
一个你可以留言的游戏,然后突然间所有人都变成了诗人
对面亮光就是前文那扇打不开的门里面的路。同样地,那些泡泡只是给我们展示一下它们的存在而已,我们无法过去
This is where I get off
我就是从这儿退出去的
I failed to write anything here
我没法在这里写东西
I am compelled
我是被逼的
STOP, TURN BACK, PROCEEDING FURTHER WILL ONLY RESULT IN MISERY
停下,回头。继续前进只会招致不幸
Take my hand, let’s jump together
牵住我的手,我们一起跳过去
实际上所有地方都有空气墙(但是我走到这里才想起这个游戏可以跳跃)
总有一天我要把Coda的建筑搬进MC(也许是十年后?)
cabbage shapes our nation
卷心菜塑造了我们的国家
What is that painting?
那幅画是啥?
It does not matter if you ever get over there
不管你来没来过这儿,都没啥用
very good game!
很不错的游戏!
hey don’t talk about me that way
嘿别那样说我
I think I’m this is not going anywhere
我觉得我在这里哪儿也去不了
next time I will do better
下一次我会做得更好
i need someone to talk to
我需要和谁说说话
this is a note?
这是条留言?
Don’t listen to the other notes
别听其他留言说的
“别听其他留言说的”
today I learned yuou cannot fall off
今天我明白了你是掉不下去的
Ethical.
符合伦理。
Well done, all of you
干得好,你们所有人
PAINTING. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!
这幅画。它是什么意思!!
Whoever made this has issues
做这个东西的人有问题
art
艺术
stop faking it
别再伪装了
Hey guys hows it going just hangin
嘿哥们最近咋样只是随便逛逛
Help, I am trying to speak
帮帮我,我在尝试说话
who ARE all of you?
你们所有人都是谁?
I SAW A PERSON WALKING DOWN THERE! now it won’t come back :’(
我看到有一个人在下面走!然后他就再没回来过 :(
Devil Tower Star
恶魔、塔、星星
It’s about how this game is pretentious and you all suck
这个游戏很狂妄自大,而在座各位都是垃圾
Stop pretending you are other people
别再假装你是别人了
“别再假装你是别人了”
WE WOLL ALL DIE SOME DAY
我们总有一天都会死
Sopilers: it doesn’t mean anything
剧透:这并没有什么用
cabbage shapes our nation
卷心菜塑造了我们的国家
From up here it just looks like dots
在这个地方向上看它就像是一堆斑点
“在这个地方向上看它就像是一堆斑点”
I think it’s about how things look messy from up close and perfect from far away
我觉得这说明了一些东西在近处看是乱糟糟的,在远处看就很完美
“我觉得这说明了一些东西在近处看是乱糟糟的,在远处看就很完美”
Devil Tower Star
恶魔、塔、星星
he was, himself, the most horrible creature he could imagine
他就是他自己所能想象到的最恐怖的生物
Maybe i’ll feel real some day
也许有一天我会感觉到真实
“也许有一天我会感觉到真实”
well, i’m here now
好吧,我到这儿了
Yeah we’re ALL here now
没错我们都到这儿了
there must be a reason for it, though
这背后一定有个原因
His terrible secret, he kept it well
他可怕的秘密,他隐藏得很好
I beat the game!!
我通关啦!!
More room?
还有房间?
Scared of writing something. Don’t want to feel judged.
不敢写任何东西。不想被评判。
Escape…escape…need an escape
出口……出口……需要出口
He cut it up, and spread it between worlds
他剪碎了它,并使其扩散在世界之间
almost there…
就快到了……
I have seen every thing. I have traveled the world. I have never told anyone
我看见了所有的事物。我走遍了世界各地。我从没告诉过任何人
I wish there were notes in the real world
我希望现实世界里也有留言
“我希望现实世界里也有留言”
Become one with the spiraling nonsense
变成了螺旋形废话中的一员
DOWNWARD. KEEP DIGGING.
向下走。继续深挖。
You close your eyes and wish for it really bad
你闭上了眼睛,开始极度地渴求它
almost at the end!
快要到终点了!
At the end of this level we’re going to see the puzzle again, and here I’ll tell you what I think the puzzle means.
在本关的最后我们又将见到那个谜题,现在我来告诉你我觉得这个谜题的含义是什么。
Each of these games represents an idea that was on Coda’s mind at the time that he was making it.
这些游戏中的每一款都代表了Coda在制作它们时自己心中的想法。
And the puzzle is a way of closing the door on a previous chapter of his life before moving onto the next one.
而这个谜题就代表着在进入自己人生的下一篇章之前关上前面篇章的门。
——————————
Does this puzzle have a solution??
这个谜题有解决方法吗??
omg i have been here for literally an hour wtf do I do
我的天我已经在这里呆了整整一小时了我该怎么办
HALP
求助
Shit. How do you solve it.
玛德,你们怎么解决的?
this doesn’t make sense, the second door won’t open!
这不科学,第二扇门就是打不开!
Developer, answers please?
开发者,能给答案吗?
HALP
求助
۞
In each of his games, after exploring a theme that he might find difficult, Coda can place this puzzle that he knows has a reliable solution, he understands exactly how it works, and so it gives him a simple mechanism for moving on.
在他的每一款游戏中,在他对一个他觉得有困难的主题进行探索之后,Coda就能把这个他知道确切解法的谜题放在这里,他完全知道这个谜题的原理,这也就以一种简单的方式给了他继续前行的动力。
And because there’s this dark area between the doors, a space between space, before you move on you get to pause, just for a moment, a few seconds to reflect on and let go of the events that lead you here.
而且正因为在两扇门之间存在着一片阴暗的空间,也就是两片空间之间的空间,你就能在继续之前先停歇一会儿,用几秒钟的时间回忆并忘却那些带领你来到这里的事情。
To step back and connect the pieces together, to grasp at that elusive bigger picture.
你就能后退一步并将所有的碎片拼在一起。
۞
I’m heading back to the start, later guys
我要回起点了,回头见各位
uhh, no answer I think?
呃,我觉得无解?
Guys, it’s not so bad in here.
大家,在这里面也没什么不好。
No solution
无解
There is no second switch
没有第二个开关
第二扇门打开后,走廊里有唯一的一个留言
How do you leave notes?
你们怎么留言的?
唯一一个走到这里的“留言”,他说:“你们怎么留言的?”
继续往里走,伴随着越来越清晰嘈杂的打字机声音,我们来到终点
一盏突兀的路灯,周围布满密密麻麻的打字机。它们在不断地自发打字,对我们生成文本
Are you there?
你在吗?
Please, say something
拜托你,说些什么
It can be anything, I just need you to say something!
什么都行,我只需要你说点什么!
Talk to me! please!
跟我说话!求求你!
Why are you having so much difficulty talking?
为什么你说句话就这么困难
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!
Speak!
说话!