《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)


3樓貓 發佈時間:2024-10-13 16:39:54 作者:伊甸的白玫瑰 Language

▲因文章字數限制為3w字,第三章的後半部分放在本篇。第三章前半內容即動畫劇情在上一章。

▲全文共10w+字(含後記,雙語),預計分為五篇發佈。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第0張
《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第1張

۞

On the upper floor, I was reunited with Leonardo and finally met his good friend Luca Pacioli.

我上了樓,見到了列奧納多,也終於見到了他的好友盧卡·帕西奧利。

After talking to them, it’s clear we must try to destroy the time machine.

聽了二人的一番話,我明白了——我們必須摧毀時間機器。

It is simply too dangerous to risk it being used by someone unworthy.

這個東西若是為歹人所用,後果不堪設想。

Now it’s in the hands of Ordo Iustitialis, an order that may have had virtuous beginnings, but judging by its connection to Borgia, its virtue has long since disappeared.

眼下機器正在正義騎士團手上,這個組織原本可能是正義之師,不過既然與博爾吉亞有所往來,想必早已摒棄了正義的原則。

Fortunately the gate is damaged, and even if they were able to repair it, they can’t use it without Leonardo’s gloves, which were deliberately designed as a fail-safe.

所幸時間之門損壞,就算修好了也無法開啟,除非他們找到列奧納多製作的手套,因為兩隻手套就是這種時候用的。

Except that Borgia now has one of them, and it’s only a matter of time before he figures out what it’s good for – if he hasn’t already.

只是博爾吉亞搶走了一隻,即使他暫時還沒發現手套的用途,應該也只是早晚問題。

According to Luca’s information, Borgia has a hideout in the slums but is not here at the moment, so we have a unique opportunity.

根據盧卡所掌握的情報,博爾吉亞在羅馬的貧民區有一處藏身之地。不過其人目前不在此地,這是一個絕佳的機會。

The only way is to gather our wits, break in and find that glove.

唯一的辦法就是聚集我們的智慧,進入他的藏身之處,找到手套。

But I must be careful, as the place will surely be full of traps and obstacles.

不過我必須小心,那個地方肯定設置了很多陷阱和障礙。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第2張

۞

It wasn’t easy, but I got into the house where Borgia hides in Rome.

我費了一些工夫,摸進了博爾吉亞在羅馬藏身的地方。

The room in which I find myself is dominated by a large map of northern Italy, which is obviously important to him.

房內有一幅巨大的地圖,畫的是意大利北部——這幅地圖似乎非常重要。

I evidently need to proceed further, but there’s no straightforward way in yet.

我顯然需要再去什麼地方看看,只是我暫時還沒有找到頭緒。

My guess was correct.

我的猜測是對的。

I’ve managed to mark some squares on the map, and I’m sure I’m one step closer to discovering Borgia’s secrets.

地圖有幾個方格出現了記號,我現在距離發現博爾吉亞的秘密又近了一步。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I went through the wall to a very well-equipped lab.

地圖後面是一間實驗室,設備精良齊全。

I never imagined Borgia as a great thinker.

我從來沒覺得博爾吉亞會是優秀的思想家。

A strategist maybe, but an alchemist?

他大概算得上戰略家,可是鍊金術士?

Looking around the hideout I found several inventions, or parts of mechanisms, that clearly show Leonardo created them.

我環顧四周,發現了幾件發明或者說是幾個機械部件,似乎出自列奧納多之手。

Perhaps he used the inventions of other scholars he employed in a similar way.

或許是他用同樣的方式請了其他的學者,然後發明了這些東西。

Or maybe it just shows the depths of his desperation.

不然只能說明他現在已經無計可施了。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Dear son,

吾兒:

I am satisfied with your leadership of the papal army, and I am pleased to see the diplomatic skill with which you have managed to integrate the army of the French king into your own.

父親見你領導教會軍隊有方,心甚寬慰,見你巧妙斡旋,將法蘭西軍隊收入麾下,心甚歡喜。

That will be very important in the coming days. The time for a sovereign territory ruled only by our House, the House of Borgia, is at hand.

兩軍不日便將發揮大作用,我博爾吉亞家族統治北意大利之日近在咫尺。

I heard you had some trouble using gunpowder with your mercenaries.

聽說你手下的僱傭兵不善火槍?

Learn from the French.

那就向法蘭西人學習。

What good are allies if we do not use them appropriately?

好好的盟友放著不用,豈不是浪費?

Finally, the most important thing: How are the plans going that you gave to Master Leonardo?

另外,有件頂要緊的事情——你把那些圖紙給了列奧納多大師,他那邊怎麼樣了?

I understand it’s a big job, but it’s imperative that you have control over the progress of his work.

我知道此事不易,但你必須掌控他的進度。

I don’t care how you handle it.

不論用什麼手段。

Your father, Rodrigo de Borgia, Alexander Ⅵ. pont. Max.

父羅德里哥·博爾吉亞,大祭司亞歷山大六世

1496, Vatican

1496,梵蒂岡

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Esteemed Cesare de Borgia,

敬愛的愷撒·德·博爾吉亞:

It is my great pleasure to banish you from the Vatican.

本人欣然宣佈今日將你逐出梵蒂岡。

You, or the men paid with your money – while you still have some left – are no longer welcome.

從今往後,你本人與受你錢財之人(不知你如今還有多少身家)請勿再入聖城。

The Papal Guard has strict orders to deal with you.

不然的話,就不要怪宗座近衛對你們不客氣了。

As for your former membership in a certain order, I will offer you a friendly warning.

至於你與某一組織的關係,本人勸你一句。

Efforts to misuse the information you learned as a member would be unpleasant, perhaps even stressful.

內部消息切莫用在不該用的地方,否則就有可能鬧出一些不愉快乃至令你心驚膽戰的事情。

Given your state of health, I would advise against further involvement in these matters.

鑑於你目前的身體狀況,我不建議你再參與此類事宜。

After all, a lifestyle of stress and sin cost your father his life.

畢竟令尊終生惴惴不安、作惡多端,今日已經因此喪命。

It would be regrettable if you followed him into the depths of hell so soon.

你若緊隨其而去,下了地獄深淵,那就太可惜了。

Pope Julius II, formerly known as Giuliano della Rovere 3nd of November 1503, Vatican City

教宗儒略二世(原朱利安諾·德拉·羅韋雷)

1503年11月3日,梵蒂岡城

P.S. If you care to know my recommendation, forget everything you’ve been through in the last ten years. Become a monk, find some peace.

另:若是願聽我一句勸,那就忘了你這十年之間經歷的所有事情。找個修道院修行,求得些許心安。

P.P.S. It is impossible to hide from the sight of God himself.

再:不論何時何地,我們都逃不過上帝的眼睛。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I managed to get to the top floor, but only managed to escape the spinning blade of a scythe at the last moment.

我爬上了頂樓,還好反應及時躲開了那一臺迴轉鐮刀。

If I was just a little slower… Evidently Borgia’s not joking.

我哪怕動作再慢一點……博爾吉亞顯然不是在開玩笑。

I should proceed with extreme caution.

我必須高度警惕。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

13th of April 1502

1502年4月13日

There is something poetic about rotating scythes.

迴轉鐮刀蘊含了某種詩意的特質。

The idea of using them militarily may seem cruel, but it’s perfectly fascinating.

有人或許考慮戰場上用這種裝置殺敵,這種想法雖然可能殘忍,不過確實相當有趣。

Leonardo is said to have been inspired by the war machines of the Roman Empire in their designs.

列奧納多發明這件東西,據說是受了羅馬帝國戰爭機器的啟發。

With the strength of the ancient Romans, I could easily conquer all of Italy, but I can only work with what I have.

我要是能有古羅馬的雄兵驍將,整個意大利都將輕鬆落入囊中,可惜我只能接受現實,利用自己掌握的資源。

And the firearm Leonardo sent me. That is art.

還有列奧納多給我的那件火器,簡直就是藝術品。

It’s not much use in real combat yet, but with a little effort and minor adjustments to the gunpowder recipe, it can become my enemies’ worst nightmare.

雖然目前發揮不了多少實戰作用,但只要將火藥配方稍加改動,就能成為敵人最恐怖的噩夢。

One man, a single weapon, and dozens of dead in just few moments of battle.

一個人,一件簡單的兵器,就能在戰鬥之初殺敵無數。

But what matters is what the master still hasn’t sent me.

不過,最要緊的還要數他還沒叫人送過來的那件東西。

I know he’s still working on the gate, but he’s avoiding completing it.

我知道他還在建造那道門,不過他並不想造出來,眼下只是在拖延時間。

Maybe it’s time to change my approach.

看樣子我該換個思路了。

Perhaps he can be persuaded to be more diligent if I give him the post of chief military architect and engineer.

要是任用他為軍內首席軍械工程師,他說不定能用心一些……

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

5th of November 1503

1503年11月5日

My father is dead. And it wasn’t a disease, as they say.

父親過世了,他們說不是病故。

It was a clear attempt on our lives, in his case unfortunately successful.

顯然是有人想要我們父子的命,而且也確實得逞了,害死了父親。

Without the pope’s help, my own power is dissipating.

我如今沒有教宗幫助,勢力大不如前。

The only way forward is through the gate.

那道門是我唯一的希望。

I tried to keep my priorities straight. But I was a fool. I was lured by the promises of Cardinal Giuliano della Rovere.

我本來各項事宜一直都很注意輕重緩急,只怪我一時糊塗,信了樞機朱利安諾·德拉·羅韋雷的話。

He was supposed to leave me in charge of the papal army and the Ordo Iustitialis.

他許我指揮教會軍隊與正義騎士團。

But right after I helped him win, he double-crossed me.

誰知道我前腳幫他拿下了教宗選舉,他後腳就背叛了我。

Looking back, it was so obvious! He’s the one who had me and my father poisoned!

現在回想起來,他的意圖其實非常明顯!給我父親下毒的肯定就是他!

I swear one day he shall fall by my hand!

我發誓來日必須親手將他扳倒!

Every time I feel desperate, my mind goes back to that map.

每當我萬念俱灰的時候,就會想到那幅地圖。

It comforts me to revisit the victories I won as commander of the combined papal and French armies.

它讓我重溫當年的輝煌。那一場場勝利,都是我帶著教會和法蘭西的聯合軍隊打下來的。

Perhaps when I finally gain control over that gate, I can finish my work.

待我能夠完全掌握那門的時候,我的大業說不定就能完成。

There will be even more cities on my map, and the name of the Borgias forever recorded in history.

那幅地圖將會標上更多城市,“博爾吉亞”這個姓也將永載史冊。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I finally discovered where Cesare Borgia had hidden Leonardo’s glove – in a room above the alchemy lab.

我終於找到了列奧納多的手套——愷撒·博爾吉亞將它藏在了鍊金實驗室的樓上。

Unfortunately, he locked it tight.

可惜箱子緊緊鎖上了。

I found the key to the chest right next to it, but it is sealed in resin.

箱子的鑰匙就放在下面的機關裡,只是封在了樹脂裡。

I’ll have to find a way to get it out of there.

我得想個辦法取出來。

Luckily I have a lab at my disposal.

幸好樓下有一間實驗室供我使用。

I decided to put the key in an ornate furnace in the lab.

我把封了鑰匙的樹脂放進了實驗室裝飾精美的鍊金爐。

I don’t think the resin will be able to endure the heat.

樹脂應該受不住高溫。

I’ll have to find some suitable fuel, though.

不過我得找到合適的燃料。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞動畫劇情

【Borgia】

The trap has sprung, Giacomo.

陷阱觸發了啊,賈可蒙。

Does the situation remind you of something?

此情此景是不是有點兒熟悉?

I guess it’s fate that the betters should have power over the… rest.

這大概是命中如此,強者註定應該控制……其他人。

And what about those two nannies of yours?

你那兩個保姆幹什麼去了?

Happily drinking in safety while they sent you into the lion’s den.

舒舒坦坦地喝著酒,然後讓你入虎穴。

In your place, I would be upset.

我要是你,絕對忍不了。

But I am not interested in your feelings.

不過你忍不忍得了我都無所謂。

Just listen to me and then do as you are told. It’s in your own interest.

只要你聽我把話說完,然後照做,你就不會有什麼意外。

I heard you already met the viper’s tangle calling themselves a lofty Ordo Iustitialis.

我聽說你已經見到了自稱正義騎士團的那一窩蛇鼠。

That’s good. What you don’t know is that they are currently led by the Pope. He is the puppet master.

挺好的。只是你不知道他們現在都是教宗的手下,教宗是幕後的黑手。

He would be the one profiting if they got their hands on a working time machine.

他們如果有了可以運轉的時間機器,教宗將獲益良多。

And I have very personal reasons to hate Pope Julies II.

剛好我與教宗儒略二世有不共戴天之仇。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I had everything.

我本來要什麼有什麼。

I was the most powerful man in all Italy. But the Fortune is a fickle mistress.

本來是全意大利最有權勢的人物,可是命運女神她善變啊。

O Fortuna Variabilis.

啊,命運啊!

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Julius II had his predecessor and my father, Alexander VI, killed.

儒略二世害死了前任教宗,也就是家父亞歷山大六世。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

He usurped the chair of Sant Peter and misused the power of his station to take everything from me.

他篡了聖伯多祿的宗座,濫用教權,奪走了我的一切。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

My position in the Order, my prestige and reputation and even my domain.

我在騎士團的位置、我的名望、我的聲譽乃至我的領地。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

And thus, I bet everything on one last gambit. To obtain the time machine and reverse my destiny.

我走投無路,只能孤注一擲,拿到時間機器,扭轉我的命運。

I’ll give you the glove you seek.

手套我會給你。

But I want something in return…

不過不能白給……

I know you are too much of a coward to kill the Pope, besides I wouldn’t let anyone to take the pleasure from me.

我量你也沒有刺殺教宗的膽量,況且此等好事我也不能拱手他人。

But I have another use for you, Giacomo.

不過,賈可蒙,我別的地方用得上你。

When my father was still alive he appointed me to the Ordo Iustitialis to find out more about the broken time machine and search for someone who could make it work again.

家父在世之時,給了我正義騎士團的職位,讓我弄清楚那臺壞了的時間機器是怎麼回事。然後找人修復那臺機器。

It was then that we came to that Leonardo da Vinci of yours.

我們也正是那個時候找到了你的老師列奧納多·達·芬奇。

And during this time, I learned something very interesting.

與此同時,我知道了一些非常有意思的情況。

Generation after generation of grandmasters inherited this amulet.

這件護符歷任團長代代相傳。

When the order fell to the Pope’s might, Pope took it and in time he granted it to his successors along with the power over Ordo Iustitialis.

教宗成了騎士團的領袖之後,就接下了這個東西,後來又將此物與正義騎士團的大權轉給了下一任團長。

It’s only a piece of metal, but it is a very powerful symbol. A symbol of supremacy over the Order.

這件東西只是一塊金屬,只不過意義重大。有了它,就能統御騎士團。

And I want it.

那是我的目標。

And that means you, Giacomo, will get it for me. I don’t care how you do it.

所以呢,你賈可蒙必須給我弄到這東西,用什麼手段我無所謂。

But as I am eternally gracious man, I’ll give you a hint.

不過我這人向來識得大體,就給你個提示。

In the Pope’s study is a secret passage, which will lead you directly to the amulet.

教宗的書房有一條密道,進了密道就能找到護符。

Make one of your nannies to help^you.

那兩位保姆有一位能幫你。

The monk was always in the Pope’s good graces.

那個修士之前就一直深得教宗賞識。

He might be finally useful and maybe could even atone for getting you into this mess, don’t you think?

他說不定能發揮一些作用,最後甚至可以幫你說情贖罪,你覺得呢?

But that is your problem. As well as getting out of this cage.

不過那就是你的事情了。還有,想出來就自己想辦法。

And don’t forget, the amulet for the glove. Piece for a piece.

另外別忘了,拿了護符再換手套,一物換一物。

When you get it I’ll let you know where will we meet again.

等你拿到護符,我再告訴你去哪裡跟我碰面。

This is a token of my good will.

這個,是我的一點好意。

We will see each other soon.

我們很快就會再見。

It was a pleasure doing business with you, Giacomo.

賈可蒙,跟你打交道,我很高興。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I was able to obtain a sample of gunpowder from the weapon that was blocking the entrance to Borgia’s hideout.

博爾吉亞藏身之地的門口擺了一件火器,我成功取到了火器所用的一份火藥。

Using the lab equipment, I’m sure I can figure out what it’s made of and how to modify it to light the boiler.

只要選對鍊金器材,肯定可以確定火藥的成分,然後也能知道怎樣可以將其改成鍊金爐可以使用的燃料。

I should have known. Intrigue is second nature to Borgia.

我實在是大意了,忘了博爾吉亞此人生性狡猾。

He stayed one step ahead. He knew exactly what I was looking for. He knew about me and Leonardo and Luca.

一切盡在他的掌握之中。他知道我要找什麼,也知道我、列奧納多和盧卡的想法。

He may have even deliberately leaked information about his hiding place to lure us to Rome.

說不定藏身之地也是他故意透給別人,好把我們引到羅馬。

God knows how long he’d been watching me, mocking me, waiting for me to spring his magnificent trap.

上帝知道他已經監視我多長時間了,而且可能一直在笑我,就等著我觸發這個精妙無比的陷阱。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

It’s hard to say how much I can trust what he told me, but in this case I think it was in his best interest to provide sufficient insight into the situation.

我不知道他這一番話幾分真、幾分假,只是這種時候,我認為他應該讓我充分了解局面和眼下的情況,這樣對他而言最為有利。

Most shocking was the detail that the pope was the one controlling the Ordo Iustitialis.

正義騎士團此前竟然由教宗掌控,這一件事我始料未及。

Borgia didn’t mention how it happened, and I wasn’t in a position to ask questions.

不過博爾吉亞沒有透露詳情,我當時也無法追問。

Another important piece of the puzzle is the obvious hatred Borgia feels for the current pope.

博爾吉亞對現任教宗顯然是恨之入骨,這個情況也是一個重要信息。

According to his words, the pope was behind his decline and the death of his father.

據他所言,他權威衰落以及其父遇害均為教宗所致。

It is true that word of the sudden death of Rodrigo Borgia echoed around Italy, and it was rumored that it may not have been entirely natural.

羅德里哥·博爾吉亞暴斃一事確實令意大利一片譁然,而且坊間傳聞並非純粹病死。

But the most important thing that came to light from Cesare Borgia monologue was the fact that he is willing to trade Leonardo’s glove.

博爾吉亞這一番獨白倒是道出了一件極為重要的事——只要滿足他的條件,他就願意返還列奧納多的手套。

He wants me to break into the pope’s chambers and steal the amulet that symbolizes his power over Ordo Iustitialis.

他說教宗有一塊護符,象徵了統御正義騎士團的權力。他希望我進入宗座宮,盜走這塊護符。

He said it’s a mere trinket but has high symbolic value.

雖然他口口聲聲說那東西僅僅是一件裝飾,只是意義極大。

I don’t know whether to believe that, but given the situation, I have no choice but to accept the exchange for now.

我也不知道該不該信他,不過,鑑於眼下的局勢,我也只能暫且答應他的條件。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

第四章

Palazzo Apostolico

Vatican

~1508~

1508年 宗座宮 梵蒂岡

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞動畫劇情

【Luca】

Now we must wait before they present us.

我們必須先等他們報告教宗。

I would be calmer if Leonardo was with us here, but we couldn’t possibly include him as the Order knows him well – and according to Borgia they are beholden to the Pope.

如果列奧納多在的話,我還能冷靜一點兒,只是騎士團的人都認識他,不能讓他在此地露面——而且據博爾吉亞所說,騎士團現在唯教宗之命是從。

At least we will attract less attention.

我們這樣起碼不會引人注意。

We must still be careful though. Julius II is cunning as a fox.

不過還是要小心行事,儒略二世城府很深。

I indeed know him from before when he was but a cardinal.

他還只是樞機的時候,我就認識他了。

He was always straight, hard, and never afraid to use his brilliant mind to fulfill his goals.

他向來言行直接、脾氣火爆,為達目的從不吝惜心機。

Did you know that when he became Pope, he confessed, that his new name is not in honor of St. Julius as most cardinals expected, but after Julius Caesar?

你知不知道?他就任教宗那天,自己承認“儒略二世”這個聖名是為了紀念儒略·愷撒,而非多數樞機所想的聖儒略。

He is a good man and was the situation different he would make a great ally.

這個人秉性不壞,若不是眼下這情形,我們定然可以請他鼎力相助。

It seems we have a few moments, so let’s go over our plan.

看來我們還有些時間,再來對一遍計劃。

After I tell the Pope why I came he will surely want to speak to me privately.

我先告訴教宗自己為何事而來,他肯定要與我單獨談話。

Hopefully outside his study.

希望能把我拉出覲見室。

In the meantime, you will have to get there and find the passage leading to the amulet.

與此同時,你必須進入書房,然後找到博爾吉亞所說的那條密道。

I will try to distract him for as long as possible, but you must return to the audience room before we are back.

我會盡量拖住教宗,不過你必須在我們回到房內之前回來。

I can’t wait for this to be over; I’m as nervous as a cat.

我現在心裡七上八下,恨不得現在就能回去。

Just a quick prayer to St. Francis… or rather maybe to all the saints.

只能向聖方濟各祈禱……或者所有聖人祈禱一下了。

I hope God will forgive me this ruse against my old friend.

希望我這次矇騙老友,能得到上帝的寬恕。

【guard】

Luca Bartolomeo de Pacioli with an escort! The Holy Father expects you.

盧卡·巴託洛梅奧·德·帕西奧利與隨行之人!聖父宣見。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞動畫劇情

【Pope Julius II】

Grab of a Franciscan, face of a rascal. This could only be Luca Pacioli!

方濟各會的衣裳,搗蛋鬼的模樣,這不是盧卡·帕西奧利嘛!

It is a pleasure to meet you again, old friend.

你我老友今日再相見,實在是幸事。

【Luca】

Holy Father, you honor me greatly by making time for me.

聖父撥冗接見鄙人,實在是我的榮幸。

Allow me to introduce my pupil and protégé, Giacomo of Ferrara.

請容鄙人介紹一下,這位是小徒費拉拉的賈可蒙。

【Pope Julius II】

This is your pupil?

這就是高足?

Boy, you should regard your teacher highly. He is a wise man, even if he lacks seriousness.

小夥子,尊師雖偶爾插科打諢,不甚莊重,但智慧深厚,切不可侮之蔑之。

But as Doctor Angelicus said – of all the soul’s passions, sorrow is most harmful to the body.

正如天使聖師所言——靈有七情,唯憂最傷身。

You are surely aware that many duties stem from my station and I will have to apply to them by the time the bells toll evening Angelus.

我身在此位,每日事務繁多,這你肯定也知道。等會兒到了晚上誦唸《三鍾經》的時候,就得處理職務上的事情去了。

But until that time you have my full attention.

不過沒鳴鐘之前,我都不會有事攪擾。

I heard you have important news for me – what is it?

我聽說你有要緊事情跟我說,什麼事情?

【Luca】

Your excellency, I heard about the righteous struggle you lead against the Borgia family.

啟稟座下,在下聽聞教宗正結各方之力,秉公正之義,消解博爾吉亞一族勢力。

Maybe I could do my part to help turning the proverbial wheel of justice.

或許在下也能盡綿薄之力,助您推轉正義之輪。

【Pope Julius II】Not here, my friend.

此事不宜在此商議。

Let us go for a walk through the gardens, there you can tell me everything.

我們去園裡轉一圈,邊走邊說。

【Luca】

Giacomo, you wait here. This is only for the Pope to know.

賈可蒙,你在此等候。此事我只能告知教宗。

【Pope Julius II】

In the meantime, boy, you can pass the time reading.

小夥子,等我們的時候,你可以找本書看看。

I am sure you will find a book that will interest you.

我這房裡一定有你感興趣的典籍。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Ordo Iustitialis is, if we trust Borgia, under the pope’s control.

如果博爾吉亞所言屬實,那麼正義騎士團目前由教宗掌控。

This means that if we want to negotiate with Pope Julius II, we must do so without Leonardo, for whom the order is still searching.

也就是說,如果我們想與教宗儒略二世協商,就不能有列奧納多在場,畢竟騎士團眼下還在四處找他。

Luca knows the pope personally.

盧卡與現任教宗有一些私交。

The pope is said to be a man of wisdom, although short-tempered and lustful for power.

說此人英明智慧,只是脾氣暴躁、貪戀權勢。

Luca believes that if he had all the information, he would make the right decision in time.

盧卡認為假以時日,教宗若掌握了所有情報,便定然不會胡亂決策。

But time is a luxury we are desperately short of, so we have no choice but to act behind his back as Borgia proposed.

可惜我們當前時間不多,無奈之下不得不照博爾吉亞所說,揹著教宗行動了。

Julius II’s hatred of the Borgias is well-known, so his attention will be occupied by Luca telling him where Borgia is hiding and adding some details about his activities.

儒略二世憎惡博爾吉亞家族,此事舉國皆知。因此,他必然想知道博爾吉亞藏身何處,也必然想知道此人目前正在謀劃什麼,剛好這些事情盧卡都能告訴他。

Perhaps the pope and Borgia will delay each other, but the main reason for this conversation is something else.

教宗與博爾吉亞二人的計劃或許都將受到對方影響,不過盧卡之所以告訴教宗這些,其實另有原因。

I will take this opportunity to sneak into the pope’s study and find the secret room in which the amulet of Ordo Iustitialis’ Grand Master is supposedly hidden.

我需要趁著二人交談的時間溜進教宗的書房,找到密室,拿走正義騎士團團長的護符。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Exactly according to plan!

一切順利!

The pope wanted to talk to Luca alone about Borgia, and they went to the gardens together.

教宗希望與盧卡單獨交流博爾吉亞的事情,便帶著他去了花園。

That means I have the perfect opportunity to look around.

現在是絕佳的好機會,我要仔細摸索這個房間。

The pope mentioned that he had until the evening Angelus.

教宗說他晚上唸誦《三鍾經》之前都沒有事情。

I think I can trust Luca to make sure he returns only at the sound of the Vatican’s Loud bells.

我認為我可以相信盧卡,教宗在梵蒂岡城內鐘聲響起之前都不會回來。

The bells, summoning for the Angelus, must be my final signal to leave.

《三鍾經》的鐘聲是我離開的最遲信號。

The pope may have locked the study behind him, but when did a mere lock stop me?

若不能及時離開,我就會被教宗鎖在書房。不過我什麼時候被區區門鎖難倒過呢?

When Luca told me on the way that Julius II had chosen his name not as a tribute to St. Julius, but to the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, I was quite skeptical.

盧卡剛才說儒略二世給自己選了這個聖名,致敬的不是聖儒略,而是羅馬皇帝儒略·愷撒,我還半信半疑。

However, looking at the decor of his study, I probably owe Luca an apology for my distrust.

但現在看到他書房的佈置、陳設,我感覺自己該向盧卡道個歉。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

With the last remnants of the Borgia stench finally banished from the papal halls, I can devote myself to doing what God has ordained me to do.

宗座大殿徹底摒除了博爾吉亞家族殘存的惡臭,我也終於可以全心全意履行上帝賦予我的聖職。

Rome must become a beacon again. To shine hope on God’s chosen and burn the infidel barbarians to ashes.

羅馬必須再現光輝,重新成為上帝的燈塔,將希望之光灑在上帝選中的人身上,將不信上帝的蠻族燒成灰燼。

We need an Empire where the children of God feel safe.

我們需要建立強大的帝國,讓上帝的子民不再為安全而擔憂。

The time for war will come, but first it is a time for renewal.

戰爭終將來臨,只是現在需要先復興。

The only thing left unsullied by the hands of the Borgias in my eyes is the status of a horseman from the Battle of Anghiari, given life by the talented master Leonardo da Vinci.

在我看來,只有一位騎士的雕像未被博爾吉亞家族玷汙,天才畫家列奧納多·達·芬奇的《安吉亞里戰役》賦予了其生命。

I would like to see more such works produced under my patronage.

我希望未來能夠贊助更多名人大師,成就更多此等傑作。

To the end, I have employed another Florentine master, Michelangelo Buonarroti.

因此,我請了佛羅倫薩的另外一位大師——米開朗基羅·博納羅蒂。

Among other things, I had him design the Basilica of St. Peter, which will become the dominant landmark of the Vatican.

此人也是作品頗豐,為我設計了聖伯多祿大殿,此殿必將成為梵蒂岡首屈一指的地標建築。

May it forever be a symbol of devotion to God and a demonstration of what human hands are capable of when led by a higher power.

願此殿永久彰顯我等對於上帝的虔誠之心,也永久展現上帝之力能夠賦予人手怎樣的工巧。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

Your Excellency Pope Gregory IX

教宗額我略九世座下:

Frederick II challenges immutable truths and undermines the authority of the Church.

腓特烈二世挑戰顛撲不破的真理,損害教會的權威。

A prime example is the way he handled the Crusade.

各項罪狀屈指不可數,其罪之一是東征不利,假公濟私,陽奉陰違,與虎謀皮。

Your Excellency ordered him to take Jerusalem. And what did he do?

座下命他奪下耶路撒冷,他幹了什麼事情?

He could have sent those infidel dogs into hell itself, but he would rather break bread with them.

本該將那些不信上帝的東西送進地獄,結果卻與他們冰釋前嫌。

He followed the letter of your command while absolutely rejecting its intent.

他遵從了您的命令,卻不按您的意圖做事。

The following story is a similar example. Frederick wondered what language the first man had spoken.

其罪之二同樣喪盡天良——腓特烈一心企圖瞭解人語之初的狀態。

With that thought alone, he ignored the natural order since the time of the Tower of Babel, but his sin is far worse.

全然不顧巴別塔以來的天然之道,但其罪行遠比這更加嚴重。

In an obsessive desire to answer a question that Lucifer himself whispered to him, he had babies taken from their parents.

只因路西法悄悄向他提了這樣一個問題,便擄走了人父人母懷中的嬰孩。

He isolated them, and the wet nurse who took care of them wasn’t even allowed to speak.

他將他們盡數隔離,只派乳母餵養卻禁止她與他們對話。

Unsurprisingly, without maternal love the children died.

果然不出所料,孩童失去母愛,紛紛喪命。

Frederick did not repent; instead he executed the wet nurse so that his sin would have no witnesses.

然而腓特烈毫無愧意,反而將乳母處死,以絕人之口舌。

There is no other way to put it: he’s the antichrist.

樁樁罪行只能證明一點——此人實為敵基督。

Your devoted monk Salimbene, 1230

虔僧薩林貝內,1230

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I climbed the spiral staircase to an upper wooden floor.

我順著螺旋樓梯爬到了全木製的平臺。

The lower part of the room showed the pope to be a man fascinated by the Roman Empire, a man who was relentless and militant.

單看下面那一層的陳設,教宗似乎只是熱衷羅馬帝國,似乎只是無情且尚武。

This part of the room gives his character more depth.

然而上面這一層令他的形象深邃了一些。

There are dozens, perhaps hundreds, of books with different themes, not all of them religious, and a model of a basilica resembling the works of old masters.

這裡存放了上百乃至數百本書卷,主題各異,並非都是宗教典籍,另外還有一個巴西利卡模型,形似過去工匠的作品。

I wonder what secrets I’ll discover here.

不知道我能在此發現什麼秘密。

I mustn’t forget to take advantage of the view offered by the ornate balcony above the room.

人在高處,視角必然會與下面不同,我也要充分利用這個看臺,從不同的角度觀察下面。

Maybe I can spot something I missed earlier…

說不定能夠發現剛才錯過的細節……

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I was finally able to enter the hidden chamber beneath the pope’s study.

我終於摸進了教宗書房下面的密室。

Right in front of me is a large, majestic statue.

眼前是一座威嚴的雕像。

According to its attire, it is one of the pope’s predecessors.

看此人衣著,應該是過去的某一任教宗。

In the center of his chest is an ornate badge under a glass lid.

雕像胸口掛了一塊精緻的徽章,蓋著玻璃罩。

That must be the amulet of the Order’s Grand Master that Borgia sent me for!

想必這個就是博爾吉亞讓我來拿的正義騎士團團長護符!

It’s amazing what can lie undiscovered just a few dozen feet from where hundreds of people pass through every day.

幾十英尺之上,每天千萬人來來往往、走來走去;幾十英尺之下,就藏著這樣一件神奇的東西。

I’d heard all sorts of tales of secrets in the Vatican many times before, but I never suspected that they were based in truth, let alone that I’d ever see any of them with my own eyes.

我之前聽人講過各種各樣的故事,說梵蒂岡有怎樣怎樣的秘密,沒想到並非子虛烏有,更沒想到自己可以親眼看到這樣的密室。

Nothing could have prepared me for the voice that suddenly echoed throughout the room.

我怎麼都沒有想到,密室突然響起了某人的聲音。

At that point I thought plan had failed and someone had discovered me.

我以為我們的計劃失敗,行動敗露。

But the mysterious voice merely commented on the scene projected in the smoke rising from  the censer.

卻發現那神秘的聲音只是描述了香爐煙氣投射而出的場景。

I don’t know how it’s possible, but it looks like the creator of this room has found a way to record a human voice.

我不知道這是什麼原理,只是修建密室的人找到了記錄人聲的辦法。

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

1st scene

第一景

Mysterious voice: “That day, God sent Paul II a vision and he saw where his enemy was hiding.”

神秘聲音:“那天,上帝令保祿二世看到一段異象,他看到了敵人的藏匿之處。”

2nd scene

第二景

Mysterious voice: “The pope has called all those devoted to God and the Church, for the time of reckoning has come.”

神秘聲音:“教宗召集了虔誠信仰上帝、追隨教會的人,因為算賬的日子到了。”

3rd scene

第三景

Mysterious voice: “Paul II led Christ’s faithful in cleansing the sins of Ordo Iustitialis.”

神秘聲音:“保祿二世率領基督的信徒,清除正義騎士團的罪業。”

4th scene

第四景

Mysterious voice: “Before the noise of battle died down, the cowardly members of the order destroyed the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom.”

神秘聲音:“戰鬥還未結束,騎士團的懦夫便摧毀了智慧神殿之門。”

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

5th scene

第五景

Mysterious voice: “The order fell before the pope’s power, but he was merciful, as the Lord teaches us.”

神秘聲音:“騎士團敗在了教宗腳下,不過他遵從主意,對他們網開一面。”

6th scene

第六景

Mysterious voice: “And so Ordo Iustitialis became an instrument in the hands of the faithful, as it should have been from the beginning.”

神秘聲音:“於是,正義騎士團獲得了應有的地位,成為了虔心之人手中的工具。”

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張
《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

I believe my predecessor Gregory IX was a little hasty in his judgments about Frederick II and the gate.

本人認為額我略九世當年關於腓特烈二世與那道門的判斷略顯草率。

Frederick was certainly a complicated and sinful man, but a devil’s servant? Unlikely.

腓特烈其人確實深不可測,而且罪孽深重。不過,若說他是惡魔的僕從?不太可能。

And as for the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom, no one in the Vatican has ever seen it.

至於智慧神殿之門,梵蒂岡城內沒人見過此物。

Whether it is a gift from the devil, God, or a mere legend is something we can only determine when it is in our possession.

這東西究竟是惡魔的饋贈、上帝的恩賜抑或只是言過其實的傳說?我們只有找到之後才能做定論。

And that could be soon. My men have finally returned with success.

那一天應該不遠了,我的手下終於帶來了一些消息。

We know where Ordo Iustitialis meets. Their fortress has no moat or drawbridge; its only defenses are solid walls.

我們現在知道了正義騎士團會面的地方,他們的城塞既無護城河,亦無吊橋,只靠高牆堅壘防禦。

But I fear that rather than being a sign of arrogance, it may be a trap.

只是,我擔心他們這樣防護城塞,並非狂妄輕敵,而是其中有詐。

They would convince their enemies to lay siege, which would then be broken with the help of miraculous devices or unexpected connections.

他們或許以此誘敵圍城,而後再以奇妙之器或某些出人意料的手段將敵人殲於城下。

But no defense will help them against a swiftly executed surprise attack.

不過,任他們如何防禦,都擋不住閃電奇襲。

No shield can stop a dagger in the back.

正如任何盾牌都防不了背後刺來的匕首。

A supply corridor, hidden, concealed and out of the fort guards’ sight, will serve as an entrance.

運貨通道位置隱蔽,而且不在守衛的視野之內,我們將由此處潛入。

Pope Paul II, 1465

教宗保祿二世,1465

——————————

《達芬奇密室3》全信件+筆記+過場文本展示(3-4章)-第3張

۞

My guess was correct.

讓我猜中了。

There really is a device in the hidden chamber that is capable of recording and playing the sound of a human voice.

密室確實藏了一臺機器,能夠記錄人聲、放出人聲。

But it doesn’t look like anything I’ve ever encountered.

我從來沒見過這樣的東西。

Perhaps this is one of the miracles Ordo Iustitialis brought back from their expeditions to the Temple of Wisdom?

正義騎士團去了智慧神廟,據說帶來了各種奇觀,這臺機器或許就是其中之一?

Even if that’s the case, someone must have put enormous effort into understanding the machine’s function, at least enough to adjust the voice coming out of it.

就算當真如此,他們也肯定付出了巨大的精力,才瞭解這臺機器運作的原理,起碼知道了如何令它發出聲音。

The Angelus bells caught me off guard, but the goal was almost within my reach.

《三鍾經》的鐘聲嚇了我一跳,不過成功就在眼前。

I needed to trust Luca to buy me a little more time from the uncompromising Pope Julius II.

我必須相信盧卡拖住了教宗儒略二世,為我多爭取了一點時間。

After getting the amulet, the whole journey back to the waiting room was a blur in my memory, but I still hear the mysterious voice in my head:

我取下護符之後,慌慌張張地回到覲見室。回去的過程基本上想不起來了,但腦海裡還回蕩著那個神秘的聲音:

“Key to the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom – the most well-guarded secret of the Order of Justice – its fate is now in your hands, your excellency.”

“正義騎士團嚴格保守的秘密,智慧神殿之門的鑰匙,這東西的命運現在已經掌握在了座下手中。”

I breathlessly settled into the waiting room seat just moments before Luca and the pope arrived.

我氣喘吁吁地回到覲見室,剛坐下沒多久,盧卡和教宗就回來了。

The pope eventually dismissed us with a stern look, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that he suspected something…

教宗神色冷峻,讓我們退下,我始終感覺他起了一些疑心……


© 2022 3樓貓 下載APP 站點地圖 廣告合作:asmrly666@gmail.com