《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)


3楼猫 发布时间:2024-10-13 16:39:54 作者:伊甸的白玫瑰 Language

▲因文章字数限制为3w字,第三章的后半部分放在本篇。第三章前半内容即动画剧情在上一章。

▲全文共10w+字(含后记,双语),预计分为五篇发布。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第0张
《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第1张

۞

On the upper floor, I was reunited with Leonardo and finally met his good friend Luca Pacioli.

我上了楼,见到了列奥纳多,也终于见到了他的好友卢卡·帕西奥利。

After talking to them, it’s clear we must try to destroy the time machine.

听了二人的一番话,我明白了——我们必须摧毁时间机器。

It is simply too dangerous to risk it being used by someone unworthy.

这个东西若是为歹人所用,后果不堪设想。

Now it’s in the hands of Ordo Iustitialis, an order that may have had virtuous beginnings, but judging by its connection to Borgia, its virtue has long since disappeared.

眼下机器正在正义骑士团手上,这个组织原本可能是正义之师,不过既然与博尔吉亚有所往来,想必早已摒弃了正义的原则。

Fortunately the gate is damaged, and even if they were able to repair it, they can’t use it without Leonardo’s gloves, which were deliberately designed as a fail-safe.

所幸时间之门损坏,就算修好了也无法开启,除非他们找到列奥纳多制作的手套,因为两只手套就是这种时候用的。

Except that Borgia now has one of them, and it’s only a matter of time before he figures out what it’s good for – if he hasn’t already.

只是博尔吉亚抢走了一只,即使他暂时还没发现手套的用途,应该也只是早晚问题。

According to Luca’s information, Borgia has a hideout in the slums but is not here at the moment, so we have a unique opportunity.

根据卢卡所掌握的情报,博尔吉亚在罗马的贫民区有一处藏身之地。不过其人目前不在此地,这是一个绝佳的机会。

The only way is to gather our wits, break in and find that glove.

唯一的办法就是聚集我们的智慧,进入他的藏身之处,找到手套。

But I must be careful, as the place will surely be full of traps and obstacles.

不过我必须小心,那个地方肯定设置了很多陷阱和障碍。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第2张

۞

It wasn’t easy, but I got into the house where Borgia hides in Rome.

我费了一些工夫,摸进了博尔吉亚在罗马藏身的地方。

The room in which I find myself is dominated by a large map of northern Italy, which is obviously important to him.

房内有一幅巨大的地图,画的是意大利北部——这幅地图似乎非常重要。

I evidently need to proceed further, but there’s no straightforward way in yet.

我显然需要再去什么地方看看,只是我暂时还没有找到头绪。

My guess was correct.

我的猜测是对的。

I’ve managed to mark some squares on the map, and I’m sure I’m one step closer to discovering Borgia’s secrets.

地图有几个方格出现了记号,我现在距离发现博尔吉亚的秘密又近了一步。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I went through the wall to a very well-equipped lab.

地图后面是一间实验室,设备精良齐全。

I never imagined Borgia as a great thinker.

我从来没觉得博尔吉亚会是优秀的思想家。

A strategist maybe, but an alchemist?

他大概算得上战略家,可是炼金术士?

Looking around the hideout I found several inventions, or parts of mechanisms, that clearly show Leonardo created them.

我环顾四周,发现了几件发明或者说是几个机械部件,似乎出自列奥纳多之手。

Perhaps he used the inventions of other scholars he employed in a similar way.

或许是他用同样的方式请了其他的学者,然后发明了这些东西。

Or maybe it just shows the depths of his desperation.

不然只能说明他现在已经无计可施了。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Dear son,

吾儿:

I am satisfied with your leadership of the papal army, and I am pleased to see the diplomatic skill with which you have managed to integrate the army of the French king into your own.

父亲见你领导教会军队有方,心甚宽慰,见你巧妙斡旋,将法兰西军队收入麾下,心甚欢喜。

That will be very important in the coming days. The time for a sovereign territory ruled only by our House, the House of Borgia, is at hand.

两军不日便将发挥大作用,我博尔吉亚家族统治北意大利之日近在咫尺。

I heard you had some trouble using gunpowder with your mercenaries.

听说你手下的雇佣兵不善火枪?

Learn from the French.

那就向法兰西人学习。

What good are allies if we do not use them appropriately?

好好的盟友放着不用,岂不是浪费?

Finally, the most important thing: How are the plans going that you gave to Master Leonardo?

另外,有件顶要紧的事情——你把那些图纸给了列奥纳多大师,他那边怎么样了?

I understand it’s a big job, but it’s imperative that you have control over the progress of his work.

我知道此事不易,但你必须掌控他的进度。

I don’t care how you handle it.

不论用什么手段。

Your father, Rodrigo de Borgia, Alexander Ⅵ. pont. Max.

父罗德里哥·博尔吉亚,大祭司亚历山大六世

1496, Vatican

1496,梵蒂冈

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Esteemed Cesare de Borgia,

敬爱的恺撒·德·博尔吉亚:

It is my great pleasure to banish you from the Vatican.

本人欣然宣布今日将你逐出梵蒂冈。

You, or the men paid with your money – while you still have some left – are no longer welcome.

从今往后,你本人与受你钱财之人(不知你如今还有多少身家)请勿再入圣城。

The Papal Guard has strict orders to deal with you.

不然的话,就不要怪宗座近卫对你们不客气了。

As for your former membership in a certain order, I will offer you a friendly warning.

至于你与某一组织的关系,本人劝你一句。

Efforts to misuse the information you learned as a member would be unpleasant, perhaps even stressful.

内部消息切莫用在不该用的地方,否则就有可能闹出一些不愉快乃至令你心惊胆战的事情。

Given your state of health, I would advise against further involvement in these matters.

鉴于你目前的身体状况,我不建议你再参与此类事宜。

After all, a lifestyle of stress and sin cost your father his life.

毕竟令尊终生惴惴不安、作恶多端,今日已经因此丧命。

It would be regrettable if you followed him into the depths of hell so soon.

你若紧随其而去,下了地狱深渊,那就太可惜了。

Pope Julius II, formerly known as Giuliano della Rovere 3nd of November 1503, Vatican City

教宗儒略二世(原朱利安诺·德拉·罗韦雷)

1503年11月3日,梵蒂冈城

P.S. If you care to know my recommendation, forget everything you’ve been through in the last ten years. Become a monk, find some peace.

另:若是愿听我一句劝,那就忘了你这十年之间经历的所有事情。找个修道院修行,求得些许心安。

P.P.S. It is impossible to hide from the sight of God himself.

再:不论何时何地,我们都逃不过上帝的眼睛。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I managed to get to the top floor, but only managed to escape the spinning blade of a scythe at the last moment.

我爬上了顶楼,还好反应及时躲开了那一台回转镰刀。

If I was just a little slower… Evidently Borgia’s not joking.

我哪怕动作再慢一点……博尔吉亚显然不是在开玩笑。

I should proceed with extreme caution.

我必须高度警惕。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

13th of April 1502

1502年4月13日

There is something poetic about rotating scythes.

回转镰刀蕴含了某种诗意的特质。

The idea of using them militarily may seem cruel, but it’s perfectly fascinating.

有人或许考虑战场上用这种装置杀敌,这种想法虽然可能残忍,不过确实相当有趣。

Leonardo is said to have been inspired by the war machines of the Roman Empire in their designs.

列奥纳多发明这件东西,据说是受了罗马帝国战争机器的启发。

With the strength of the ancient Romans, I could easily conquer all of Italy, but I can only work with what I have.

我要是能有古罗马的雄兵骁将,整个意大利都将轻松落入囊中,可惜我只能接受现实,利用自己掌握的资源。

And the firearm Leonardo sent me. That is art.

还有列奥纳多给我的那件火器,简直就是艺术品。

It’s not much use in real combat yet, but with a little effort and minor adjustments to the gunpowder recipe, it can become my enemies’ worst nightmare.

虽然目前发挥不了多少实战作用,但只要将火药配方稍加改动,就能成为敌人最恐怖的噩梦。

One man, a single weapon, and dozens of dead in just few moments of battle.

一个人,一件简单的兵器,就能在战斗之初杀敌无数。

But what matters is what the master still hasn’t sent me.

不过,最要紧的还要数他还没叫人送过来的那件东西。

I know he’s still working on the gate, but he’s avoiding completing it.

我知道他还在建造那道门,不过他并不想造出来,眼下只是在拖延时间。

Maybe it’s time to change my approach.

看样子我该换个思路了。

Perhaps he can be persuaded to be more diligent if I give him the post of chief military architect and engineer.

要是任用他为军内首席军械工程师,他说不定能用心一些……

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

5th of November 1503

1503年11月5日

My father is dead. And it wasn’t a disease, as they say.

父亲过世了,他们说不是病故。

It was a clear attempt on our lives, in his case unfortunately successful.

显然是有人想要我们父子的命,而且也确实得逞了,害死了父亲。

Without the pope’s help, my own power is dissipating.

我如今没有教宗帮助,势力大不如前。

The only way forward is through the gate.

那道门是我唯一的希望。

I tried to keep my priorities straight. But I was a fool. I was lured by the promises of Cardinal Giuliano della Rovere.

我本来各项事宜一直都很注意轻重缓急,只怪我一时糊涂,信了枢机朱利安诺·德拉·罗韦雷的话。

He was supposed to leave me in charge of the papal army and the Ordo Iustitialis.

他许我指挥教会军队与正义骑士团。

But right after I helped him win, he double-crossed me.

谁知道我前脚帮他拿下了教宗选举,他后脚就背叛了我。

Looking back, it was so obvious! He’s the one who had me and my father poisoned!

现在回想起来,他的意图其实非常明显!给我父亲下毒的肯定就是他!

I swear one day he shall fall by my hand!

我发誓来日必须亲手将他扳倒!

Every time I feel desperate, my mind goes back to that map.

每当我万念俱灰的时候,就会想到那幅地图。

It comforts me to revisit the victories I won as commander of the combined papal and French armies.

它让我重温当年的辉煌。那一场场胜利,都是我带着教会和法兰西的联合军队打下来的。

Perhaps when I finally gain control over that gate, I can finish my work.

待我能够完全掌握那门的时候,我的大业说不定就能完成。

There will be even more cities on my map, and the name of the Borgias forever recorded in history.

那幅地图将会标上更多城市,“博尔吉亚”这个姓也将永载史册。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I finally discovered where Cesare Borgia had hidden Leonardo’s glove – in a room above the alchemy lab.

我终于找到了列奥纳多的手套——恺撒·博尔吉亚将它藏在了炼金实验室的楼上。

Unfortunately, he locked it tight.

可惜箱子紧紧锁上了。

I found the key to the chest right next to it, but it is sealed in resin.

箱子的钥匙就放在下面的机关里,只是封在了树脂里。

I’ll have to find a way to get it out of there.

我得想个办法取出来。

Luckily I have a lab at my disposal.

幸好楼下有一间实验室供我使用。

I decided to put the key in an ornate furnace in the lab.

我把封了钥匙的树脂放进了实验室装饰精美的炼金炉。

I don’t think the resin will be able to endure the heat.

树脂应该受不住高温。

I’ll have to find some suitable fuel, though.

不过我得找到合适的燃料。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞动画剧情

【Borgia】

The trap has sprung, Giacomo.

陷阱触发了啊,贾可蒙。

Does the situation remind you of something?

此情此景是不是有点儿熟悉?

I guess it’s fate that the betters should have power over the… rest.

这大概是命中如此,强者注定应该控制……其他人。

And what about those two nannies of yours?

你那两个保姆干什么去了?

Happily drinking in safety while they sent you into the lion’s den.

舒舒坦坦地喝着酒,然后让你入虎穴。

In your place, I would be upset.

我要是你,绝对忍不了。

But I am not interested in your feelings.

不过你忍不忍得了我都无所谓。

Just listen to me and then do as you are told. It’s in your own interest.

只要你听我把话说完,然后照做,你就不会有什么意外。

I heard you already met the viper’s tangle calling themselves a lofty Ordo Iustitialis.

我听说你已经见到了自称正义骑士团的那一窝蛇鼠。

That’s good. What you don’t know is that they are currently led by the Pope. He is the puppet master.

挺好的。只是你不知道他们现在都是教宗的手下,教宗是幕后的黑手。

He would be the one profiting if they got their hands on a working time machine.

他们如果有了可以运转的时间机器,教宗将获益良多。

And I have very personal reasons to hate Pope Julies II.

刚好我与教宗儒略二世有不共戴天之仇。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I had everything.

我本来要什么有什么。

I was the most powerful man in all Italy. But the Fortune is a fickle mistress.

本来是全意大利最有权势的人物,可是命运女神她善变啊。

O Fortuna Variabilis.

啊,命运啊!

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Julius II had his predecessor and my father, Alexander VI, killed.

儒略二世害死了前任教宗,也就是家父亚历山大六世。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

He usurped the chair of Sant Peter and misused the power of his station to take everything from me.

他篡了圣伯多禄的宗座,滥用教权,夺走了我的一切。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

My position in the Order, my prestige and reputation and even my domain.

我在骑士团的位置、我的名望、我的声誉乃至我的领地。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

And thus, I bet everything on one last gambit. To obtain the time machine and reverse my destiny.

我走投无路,只能孤注一掷,拿到时间机器,扭转我的命运。

I’ll give you the glove you seek.

手套我会给你。

But I want something in return…

不过不能白给……

I know you are too much of a coward to kill the Pope, besides I wouldn’t let anyone to take the pleasure from me.

我量你也没有刺杀教宗的胆量,况且此等好事我也不能拱手他人。

But I have another use for you, Giacomo.

不过,贾可蒙,我别的地方用得上你。

When my father was still alive he appointed me to the Ordo Iustitialis to find out more about the broken time machine and search for someone who could make it work again.

家父在世之时,给了我正义骑士团的职位,让我弄清楚那台坏了的时间机器是怎么回事。然后找人修复那台机器。

It was then that we came to that Leonardo da Vinci of yours.

我们也正是那个时候找到了你的老师列奥纳多·达·芬奇。

And during this time, I learned something very interesting.

与此同时,我知道了一些非常有意思的情况。

Generation after generation of grandmasters inherited this amulet.

这件护符历任团长代代相传。

When the order fell to the Pope’s might, Pope took it and in time he granted it to his successors along with the power over Ordo Iustitialis.

教宗成了骑士团的领袖之后,就接下了这个东西,后来又将此物与正义骑士团的大权转给了下一任团长。

It’s only a piece of metal, but it is a very powerful symbol. A symbol of supremacy over the Order.

这件东西只是一块金属,只不过意义重大。有了它,就能统御骑士团。

And I want it.

那是我的目标。

And that means you, Giacomo, will get it for me. I don’t care how you do it.

所以呢,你贾可蒙必须给我弄到这东西,用什么手段我无所谓。

But as I am eternally gracious man, I’ll give you a hint.

不过我这人向来识得大体,就给你个提示。

In the Pope’s study is a secret passage, which will lead you directly to the amulet.

教宗的书房有一条密道,进了密道就能找到护符。

Make one of your nannies to help^you.

那两位保姆有一位能帮你。

The monk was always in the Pope’s good graces.

那个修士之前就一直深得教宗赏识。

He might be finally useful and maybe could even atone for getting you into this mess, don’t you think?

他说不定能发挥一些作用,最后甚至可以帮你说情赎罪,你觉得呢?

But that is your problem. As well as getting out of this cage.

不过那就是你的事情了。还有,想出来就自己想办法。

And don’t forget, the amulet for the glove. Piece for a piece.

另外别忘了,拿了护符再换手套,一物换一物。

When you get it I’ll let you know where will we meet again.

等你拿到护符,我再告诉你去哪里跟我碰面。

This is a token of my good will.

这个,是我的一点好意。

We will see each other soon.

我们很快就会再见。

It was a pleasure doing business with you, Giacomo.

贾可蒙,跟你打交道,我很高兴。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I was able to obtain a sample of gunpowder from the weapon that was blocking the entrance to Borgia’s hideout.

博尔吉亚藏身之地的门口摆了一件火器,我成功取到了火器所用的一份火药。

Using the lab equipment, I’m sure I can figure out what it’s made of and how to modify it to light the boiler.

只要选对炼金器材,肯定可以确定火药的成分,然后也能知道怎样可以将其改成炼金炉可以使用的燃料。

I should have known. Intrigue is second nature to Borgia.

我实在是大意了,忘了博尔吉亚此人生性狡猾。

He stayed one step ahead. He knew exactly what I was looking for. He knew about me and Leonardo and Luca.

一切尽在他的掌握之中。他知道我要找什么,也知道我、列奥纳多和卢卡的想法。

He may have even deliberately leaked information about his hiding place to lure us to Rome.

说不定藏身之地也是他故意透给别人,好把我们引到罗马。

God knows how long he’d been watching me, mocking me, waiting for me to spring his magnificent trap.

上帝知道他已经监视我多长时间了,而且可能一直在笑我,就等着我触发这个精妙无比的陷阱。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

It’s hard to say how much I can trust what he told me, but in this case I think it was in his best interest to provide sufficient insight into the situation.

我不知道他这一番话几分真、几分假,只是这种时候,我认为他应该让我充分了解局面和眼下的情况,这样对他而言最为有利。

Most shocking was the detail that the pope was the one controlling the Ordo Iustitialis.

正义骑士团此前竟然由教宗掌控,这一件事我始料未及。

Borgia didn’t mention how it happened, and I wasn’t in a position to ask questions.

不过博尔吉亚没有透露详情,我当时也无法追问。

Another important piece of the puzzle is the obvious hatred Borgia feels for the current pope.

博尔吉亚对现任教宗显然是恨之入骨,这个情况也是一个重要信息。

According to his words, the pope was behind his decline and the death of his father.

据他所言,他权威衰落以及其父遇害均为教宗所致。

It is true that word of the sudden death of Rodrigo Borgia echoed around Italy, and it was rumored that it may not have been entirely natural.

罗德里哥·博尔吉亚暴毙一事确实令意大利一片哗然,而且坊间传闻并非纯粹病死。

But the most important thing that came to light from Cesare Borgia monologue was the fact that he is willing to trade Leonardo’s glove.

博尔吉亚这一番独白倒是道出了一件极为重要的事——只要满足他的条件,他就愿意返还列奥纳多的手套。

He wants me to break into the pope’s chambers and steal the amulet that symbolizes his power over Ordo Iustitialis.

他说教宗有一块护符,象征了统御正义骑士团的权力。他希望我进入宗座宫,盗走这块护符。

He said it’s a mere trinket but has high symbolic value.

虽然他口口声声说那东西仅仅是一件装饰,只是意义极大。

I don’t know whether to believe that, but given the situation, I have no choice but to accept the exchange for now.

我也不知道该不该信他,不过,鉴于眼下的局势,我也只能暂且答应他的条件。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

第四章

Palazzo Apostolico

Vatican

~1508~

1508年 宗座宫 梵蒂冈

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞动画剧情

【Luca】

Now we must wait before they present us.

我们必须先等他们报告教宗。

I would be calmer if Leonardo was with us here, but we couldn’t possibly include him as the Order knows him well – and according to Borgia they are beholden to the Pope.

如果列奥纳多在的话,我还能冷静一点儿,只是骑士团的人都认识他,不能让他在此地露面——而且据博尔吉亚所说,骑士团现在唯教宗之命是从。

At least we will attract less attention.

我们这样起码不会引人注意。

We must still be careful though. Julius II is cunning as a fox.

不过还是要小心行事,儒略二世城府很深。

I indeed know him from before when he was but a cardinal.

他还只是枢机的时候,我就认识他了。

He was always straight, hard, and never afraid to use his brilliant mind to fulfill his goals.

他向来言行直接、脾气火爆,为达目的从不吝惜心机。

Did you know that when he became Pope, he confessed, that his new name is not in honor of St. Julius as most cardinals expected, but after Julius Caesar?

你知不知道?他就任教宗那天,自己承认“儒略二世”这个圣名是为了纪念儒略·恺撒,而非多数枢机所想的圣儒略。

He is a good man and was the situation different he would make a great ally.

这个人秉性不坏,若不是眼下这情形,我们定然可以请他鼎力相助。

It seems we have a few moments, so let’s go over our plan.

看来我们还有些时间,再来对一遍计划。

After I tell the Pope why I came he will surely want to speak to me privately.

我先告诉教宗自己为何事而来,他肯定要与我单独谈话。

Hopefully outside his study.

希望能把我拉出觐见室。

In the meantime, you will have to get there and find the passage leading to the amulet.

与此同时,你必须进入书房,然后找到博尔吉亚所说的那条密道。

I will try to distract him for as long as possible, but you must return to the audience room before we are back.

我会尽量拖住教宗,不过你必须在我们回到房内之前回来。

I can’t wait for this to be over; I’m as nervous as a cat.

我现在心里七上八下,恨不得现在就能回去。

Just a quick prayer to St. Francis… or rather maybe to all the saints.

只能向圣方济各祈祷……或者所有圣人祈祷一下了。

I hope God will forgive me this ruse against my old friend.

希望我这次蒙骗老友,能得到上帝的宽恕。

【guard】

Luca Bartolomeo de Pacioli with an escort! The Holy Father expects you.

卢卡·巴托洛梅奥·德·帕西奥利与随行之人!圣父宣见。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞动画剧情

【Pope Julius II】

Grab of a Franciscan, face of a rascal. This could only be Luca Pacioli!

方济各会的衣裳,捣蛋鬼的模样,这不是卢卡·帕西奥利嘛!

It is a pleasure to meet you again, old friend.

你我老友今日再相见,实在是幸事。

【Luca】

Holy Father, you honor me greatly by making time for me.

圣父拨冗接见鄙人,实在是我的荣幸。

Allow me to introduce my pupil and protégé, Giacomo of Ferrara.

请容鄙人介绍一下,这位是小徒费拉拉的贾可蒙。

【Pope Julius II】

This is your pupil?

这就是高足?

Boy, you should regard your teacher highly. He is a wise man, even if he lacks seriousness.

小伙子,尊师虽偶尔插科打诨,不甚庄重,但智慧深厚,切不可侮之蔑之。

But as Doctor Angelicus said – of all the soul’s passions, sorrow is most harmful to the body.

正如天使圣师所言——灵有七情,唯忧最伤身。

You are surely aware that many duties stem from my station and I will have to apply to them by the time the bells toll evening Angelus.

我身在此位,每日事务繁多,这你肯定也知道。等会儿到了晚上诵念《三钟经》的时候,就得处理职务上的事情去了。

But until that time you have my full attention.

不过没鸣钟之前,我都不会有事搅扰。

I heard you have important news for me – what is it?

我听说你有要紧事情跟我说,什么事情?

【Luca】

Your excellency, I heard about the righteous struggle you lead against the Borgia family.

启禀座下,在下听闻教宗正结各方之力,秉公正之义,消解博尔吉亚一族势力。

Maybe I could do my part to help turning the proverbial wheel of justice.

或许在下也能尽绵薄之力,助您推转正义之轮。

【Pope Julius II】Not here, my friend.

此事不宜在此商议。

Let us go for a walk through the gardens, there you can tell me everything.

我们去园里转一圈,边走边说。

【Luca】

Giacomo, you wait here. This is only for the Pope to know.

贾可蒙,你在此等候。此事我只能告知教宗。

【Pope Julius II】

In the meantime, boy, you can pass the time reading.

小伙子,等我们的时候,你可以找本书看看。

I am sure you will find a book that will interest you.

我这房里一定有你感兴趣的典籍。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Ordo Iustitialis is, if we trust Borgia, under the pope’s control.

如果博尔吉亚所言属实,那么正义骑士团目前由教宗掌控。

This means that if we want to negotiate with Pope Julius II, we must do so without Leonardo, for whom the order is still searching.

也就是说,如果我们想与教宗儒略二世协商,就不能有列奥纳多在场,毕竟骑士团眼下还在四处找他。

Luca knows the pope personally.

卢卡与现任教宗有一些私交。

The pope is said to be a man of wisdom, although short-tempered and lustful for power.

说此人英明智慧,只是脾气暴躁、贪恋权势。

Luca believes that if he had all the information, he would make the right decision in time.

卢卡认为假以时日,教宗若掌握了所有情报,便定然不会胡乱决策。

But time is a luxury we are desperately short of, so we have no choice but to act behind his back as Borgia proposed.

可惜我们当前时间不多,无奈之下不得不照博尔吉亚所说,背着教宗行动了。

Julius II’s hatred of the Borgias is well-known, so his attention will be occupied by Luca telling him where Borgia is hiding and adding some details about his activities.

儒略二世憎恶博尔吉亚家族,此事举国皆知。因此,他必然想知道博尔吉亚藏身何处,也必然想知道此人目前正在谋划什么,刚好这些事情卢卡都能告诉他。

Perhaps the pope and Borgia will delay each other, but the main reason for this conversation is something else.

教宗与博尔吉亚二人的计划或许都将受到对方影响,不过卢卡之所以告诉教宗这些,其实另有原因。

I will take this opportunity to sneak into the pope’s study and find the secret room in which the amulet of Ordo Iustitialis’ Grand Master is supposedly hidden.

我需要趁着二人交谈的时间溜进教宗的书房,找到密室,拿走正义骑士团团长的护符。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Exactly according to plan!

一切顺利!

The pope wanted to talk to Luca alone about Borgia, and they went to the gardens together.

教宗希望与卢卡单独交流博尔吉亚的事情,便带着他去了花园。

That means I have the perfect opportunity to look around.

现在是绝佳的好机会,我要仔细摸索这个房间。

The pope mentioned that he had until the evening Angelus.

教宗说他晚上念诵《三钟经》之前都没有事情。

I think I can trust Luca to make sure he returns only at the sound of the Vatican’s Loud bells.

我认为我可以相信卢卡,教宗在梵蒂冈城内钟声响起之前都不会回来。

The bells, summoning for the Angelus, must be my final signal to leave.

《三钟经》的钟声是我离开的最迟信号。

The pope may have locked the study behind him, but when did a mere lock stop me?

若不能及时离开,我就会被教宗锁在书房。不过我什么时候被区区门锁难倒过呢?

When Luca told me on the way that Julius II had chosen his name not as a tribute to St. Julius, but to the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, I was quite skeptical.

卢卡刚才说儒略二世给自己选了这个圣名,致敬的不是圣儒略,而是罗马皇帝儒略·恺撒,我还半信半疑。

However, looking at the decor of his study, I probably owe Luca an apology for my distrust.

但现在看到他书房的布置、陈设,我感觉自己该向卢卡道个歉。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

With the last remnants of the Borgia stench finally banished from the papal halls, I can devote myself to doing what God has ordained me to do.

宗座大殿彻底摒除了博尔吉亚家族残存的恶臭,我也终于可以全心全意履行上帝赋予我的圣职。

Rome must become a beacon again. To shine hope on God’s chosen and burn the infidel barbarians to ashes.

罗马必须再现光辉,重新成为上帝的灯塔,将希望之光洒在上帝选中的人身上,将不信上帝的蛮族烧成灰烬。

We need an Empire where the children of God feel safe.

我们需要建立强大的帝国,让上帝的子民不再为安全而担忧。

The time for war will come, but first it is a time for renewal.

战争终将来临,只是现在需要先复兴。

The only thing left unsullied by the hands of the Borgias in my eyes is the status of a horseman from the Battle of Anghiari, given life by the talented master Leonardo da Vinci.

在我看来,只有一位骑士的雕像未被博尔吉亚家族玷污,天才画家列奥纳多·达·芬奇的《安吉亚里战役》赋予了其生命。

I would like to see more such works produced under my patronage.

我希望未来能够赞助更多名人大师,成就更多此等杰作。

To the end, I have employed another Florentine master, Michelangelo Buonarroti.

因此,我请了佛罗伦萨的另外一位大师——米开朗基罗·博纳罗蒂。

Among other things, I had him design the Basilica of St. Peter, which will become the dominant landmark of the Vatican.

此人也是作品颇丰,为我设计了圣伯多禄大殿,此殿必将成为梵蒂冈首屈一指的地标建筑。

May it forever be a symbol of devotion to God and a demonstration of what human hands are capable of when led by a higher power.

愿此殿永久彰显我等对于上帝的虔诚之心,也永久展现上帝之力能够赋予人手怎样的工巧。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

Your Excellency Pope Gregory IX

教宗额我略九世座下:

Frederick II challenges immutable truths and undermines the authority of the Church.

腓特烈二世挑战颠扑不破的真理,损害教会的权威。

A prime example is the way he handled the Crusade.

各项罪状屈指不可数,其罪之一是东征不利,假公济私,阳奉阴违,与虎谋皮。

Your Excellency ordered him to take Jerusalem. And what did he do?

座下命他夺下耶路撒冷,他干了什么事情?

He could have sent those infidel dogs into hell itself, but he would rather break bread with them.

本该将那些不信上帝的东西送进地狱,结果却与他们冰释前嫌。

He followed the letter of your command while absolutely rejecting its intent.

他遵从了您的命令,却不按您的意图做事。

The following story is a similar example. Frederick wondered what language the first man had spoken.

其罪之二同样丧尽天良——腓特烈一心企图了解人语之初的状态。

With that thought alone, he ignored the natural order since the time of the Tower of Babel, but his sin is far worse.

全然不顾巴别塔以来的天然之道,但其罪行远比这更加严重。

In an obsessive desire to answer a question that Lucifer himself whispered to him, he had babies taken from their parents.

只因路西法悄悄向他提了这样一个问题,便掳走了人父人母怀中的婴孩。

He isolated them, and the wet nurse who took care of them wasn’t even allowed to speak.

他将他们尽数隔离,只派乳母喂养却禁止她与他们对话。

Unsurprisingly, without maternal love the children died.

果然不出所料,孩童失去母爱,纷纷丧命。

Frederick did not repent; instead he executed the wet nurse so that his sin would have no witnesses.

然而腓特烈毫无愧意,反而将乳母处死,以绝人之口舌。

There is no other way to put it: he’s the antichrist.

桩桩罪行只能证明一点——此人实为敌基督。

Your devoted monk Salimbene, 1230

虔僧萨林贝内,1230

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I climbed the spiral staircase to an upper wooden floor.

我顺着螺旋楼梯爬到了全木制的平台。

The lower part of the room showed the pope to be a man fascinated by the Roman Empire, a man who was relentless and militant.

单看下面那一层的陈设,教宗似乎只是热衷罗马帝国,似乎只是无情且尚武。

This part of the room gives his character more depth.

然而上面这一层令他的形象深邃了一些。

There are dozens, perhaps hundreds, of books with different themes, not all of them religious, and a model of a basilica resembling the works of old masters.

这里存放了上百乃至数百本书卷,主题各异,并非都是宗教典籍,另外还有一个巴西利卡模型,形似过去工匠的作品。

I wonder what secrets I’ll discover here.

不知道我能在此发现什么秘密。

I mustn’t forget to take advantage of the view offered by the ornate balcony above the room.

人在高处,视角必然会与下面不同,我也要充分利用这个看台,从不同的角度观察下面。

Maybe I can spot something I missed earlier…

说不定能够发现刚才错过的细节……

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I was finally able to enter the hidden chamber beneath the pope’s study.

我终于摸进了教宗书房下面的密室。

Right in front of me is a large, majestic statue.

眼前是一座威严的雕像。

According to its attire, it is one of the pope’s predecessors.

看此人衣着,应该是过去的某一任教宗。

In the center of his chest is an ornate badge under a glass lid.

雕像胸口挂了一块精致的徽章,盖着玻璃罩。

That must be the amulet of the Order’s Grand Master that Borgia sent me for!

想必这个就是博尔吉亚让我来拿的正义骑士团团长护符!

It’s amazing what can lie undiscovered just a few dozen feet from where hundreds of people pass through every day.

几十英尺之上,每天千万人来来往往、走来走去;几十英尺之下,就藏着这样一件神奇的东西。

I’d heard all sorts of tales of secrets in the Vatican many times before, but I never suspected that they were based in truth, let alone that I’d ever see any of them with my own eyes.

我之前听人讲过各种各样的故事,说梵蒂冈有怎样怎样的秘密,没想到并非子虚乌有,更没想到自己可以亲眼看到这样的密室。

Nothing could have prepared me for the voice that suddenly echoed throughout the room.

我怎么都没有想到,密室突然响起了某人的声音。

At that point I thought plan had failed and someone had discovered me.

我以为我们的计划失败,行动败露。

But the mysterious voice merely commented on the scene projected in the smoke rising from  the censer.

却发现那神秘的声音只是描述了香炉烟气投射而出的场景。

I don’t know how it’s possible, but it looks like the creator of this room has found a way to record a human voice.

我不知道这是什么原理,只是修建密室的人找到了记录人声的办法。

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

1st scene

第一景

Mysterious voice: “That day, God sent Paul II a vision and he saw where his enemy was hiding.”

神秘声音:“那天,上帝令保禄二世看到一段异象,他看到了敌人的藏匿之处。”

2nd scene

第二景

Mysterious voice: “The pope has called all those devoted to God and the Church, for the time of reckoning has come.”

神秘声音:“教宗召集了虔诚信仰上帝、追随教会的人,因为算账的日子到了。”

3rd scene

第三景

Mysterious voice: “Paul II led Christ’s faithful in cleansing the sins of Ordo Iustitialis.”

神秘声音:“保禄二世率领基督的信徒,清除正义骑士团的罪业。”

4th scene

第四景

Mysterious voice: “Before the noise of battle died down, the cowardly members of the order destroyed the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom.”

神秘声音:“战斗还未结束,骑士团的懦夫便摧毁了智慧神殿之门。”

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

5th scene

第五景

Mysterious voice: “The order fell before the pope’s power, but he was merciful, as the Lord teaches us.”

神秘声音:“骑士团败在了教宗脚下,不过他遵从主意,对他们网开一面。”

6th scene

第六景

Mysterious voice: “And so Ordo Iustitialis became an instrument in the hands of the faithful, as it should have been from the beginning.”

神秘声音:“于是,正义骑士团获得了应有的地位,成为了虔心之人手中的工具。”

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张
《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

I believe my predecessor Gregory IX was a little hasty in his judgments about Frederick II and the gate.

本人认为额我略九世当年关于腓特烈二世与那道门的判断略显草率。

Frederick was certainly a complicated and sinful man, but a devil’s servant? Unlikely.

腓特烈其人确实深不可测,而且罪孽深重。不过,若说他是恶魔的仆从?不太可能。

And as for the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom, no one in the Vatican has ever seen it.

至于智慧神殿之门,梵蒂冈城内没人见过此物。

Whether it is a gift from the devil, God, or a mere legend is something we can only determine when it is in our possession.

这东西究竟是恶魔的馈赠、上帝的恩赐抑或只是言过其实的传说?我们只有找到之后才能做定论。

And that could be soon. My men have finally returned with success.

那一天应该不远了,我的手下终于带来了一些消息。

We know where Ordo Iustitialis meets. Their fortress has no moat or drawbridge; its only defenses are solid walls.

我们现在知道了正义骑士团会面的地方,他们的城塞既无护城河,亦无吊桥,只靠高墙坚垒防御。

But I fear that rather than being a sign of arrogance, it may be a trap.

只是,我担心他们这样防护城塞,并非狂妄轻敌,而是其中有诈。

They would convince their enemies to lay siege, which would then be broken with the help of miraculous devices or unexpected connections.

他们或许以此诱敌围城,而后再以奇妙之器或某些出人意料的手段将敌人歼于城下。

But no defense will help them against a swiftly executed surprise attack.

不过,任他们如何防御,都挡不住闪电奇袭。

No shield can stop a dagger in the back.

正如任何盾牌都防不了背后刺来的匕首。

A supply corridor, hidden, concealed and out of the fort guards’ sight, will serve as an entrance.

运货通道位置隐蔽,而且不在守卫的视野之内,我们将由此处潜入。

Pope Paul II, 1465

教宗保禄二世,1465

——————————

《达芬奇密室3》全信件+笔记+过场文本展示(3-4章)-第3张

۞

My guess was correct.

让我猜中了。

There really is a device in the hidden chamber that is capable of recording and playing the sound of a human voice.

密室确实藏了一台机器,能够记录人声、放出人声。

But it doesn’t look like anything I’ve ever encountered.

我从来没见过这样的东西。

Perhaps this is one of the miracles Ordo Iustitialis brought back from their expeditions to the Temple of Wisdom?

正义骑士团去了智慧神庙,据说带来了各种奇观,这台机器或许就是其中之一?

Even if that’s the case, someone must have put enormous effort into understanding the machine’s function, at least enough to adjust the voice coming out of it.

就算当真如此,他们也肯定付出了巨大的精力,才了解这台机器运作的原理,起码知道了如何令它发出声音。

The Angelus bells caught me off guard, but the goal was almost within my reach.

《三钟经》的钟声吓了我一跳,不过成功就在眼前。

I needed to trust Luca to buy me a little more time from the uncompromising Pope Julius II.

我必须相信卢卡拖住了教宗儒略二世,为我多争取了一点时间。

After getting the amulet, the whole journey back to the waiting room was a blur in my memory, but I still hear the mysterious voice in my head:

我取下护符之后,慌慌张张地回到觐见室。回去的过程基本上想不起来了,但脑海里还回荡着那个神秘的声音:

“Key to the Gate to the Temple of Wisdom – the most well-guarded secret of the Order of Justice – its fate is now in your hands, your excellency.”

“正义骑士团严格保守的秘密,智慧神殿之门的钥匙,这东西的命运现在已经掌握在了座下手中。”

I breathlessly settled into the waiting room seat just moments before Luca and the pope arrived.

我气喘吁吁地回到觐见室,刚坐下没多久,卢卡和教宗就回来了。

The pope eventually dismissed us with a stern look, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that he suspected something…

教宗神色冷峻,让我们退下,我始终感觉他起了一些疑心……


© 2022 3楼猫 下载APP 站点地图 广告合作:asmrly666@gmail.com