一、前言
上一篇文章中我们看到了三姐妹中最小的希洛所记述的一些关于锇族与始源星的事物,对邪魔族前身的生存环境有了一些初步的了解,接下来这一篇文章则为我们揭示了之前有所提及的锇廷虫母陶克斯(Taox)的密谋。
- 该文由本人通过查询翻阅加之个人理解进行翻译,非官方版本,部分内容并非精确
- 翻译水平有限且带有较多主观意向(由于个人想法可能会在语言和语序上略做调整),意译为主
- 每段译文后会附上英文原文,部分地方有出入在所难免,各位命学爱好者可参照阅读
- 鉴于本人才疏学浅,英文水平不高,初次接触命运简史相关内容的读者或可考虑先行阅读一些大佬对于相同文章的正经准确的直译,以免对某些内容产生误解。
二、正文
可憎之章
Verse1:2 The Hateful Verse
为氦之王廷所虑—
For the consideration of the Helium Court.—
著此信于绝望间—
Written in desperation.—
此中封藏之秘密—
This sealed secret.—
我名陶克斯,不育之虫母,锇族王嗣宫廷导师也。
I am Taox, sterile mother, teacher to the children of the Osmium Throne.
身为虫母,我之寿命绵长不绝;此生无后,我可超脱于宫斗之外。
As a mother, I live long. As a neuter, I can rise above the small battles of court politics.
生存之道,我独见之;迁廷之器,我自创之。亦将独行,救亡图存;时至今日,行之必然。
I alone see the patterns of survival. Alone I designed the great engines that move the Osmium Court. Now--
Alone I must act to save my kingdom.
我族锇王,历十载矣;年岁既衰,魔怔在心。古籍文字之研究,困顿疲乏其身心。今日诳语向明月,明朝踟蹰于宫廷。琉璃樽杯纳死物,白色蠕虫自深海,悉心照料与之言,国君之责不复行。
Senility has claimed my lord the Osmium King. He is ten, and mad. The study of ancient text consumes him. Today he raves about moons above the storm. Tomorrow he will wander the halls, speaking to his familiar, a dead white worm from the deep sea. He keeps it in glass, and he tends to it, and he neglects the duties of a king.
锇王有嗣存其三,三者时年两岁矣。
The Osmium King has three surviving heirs, each two years old:
希洛,最为年少勇武,意欲成为骑士。
Xi Ro, the youngest and bravest, who wants to be a knight.
萨索娜,最是聪慧过人,希望成为虫母。
Sathona, most clever, who wants to be a mother.
奥拉什,最为年长而志在无垠大海,明日将于钨之巨岩归来。
Aurash, navigator child, who dreams of the infinite ocean. Tomorrow she will return from the Tungsten Monoliths.
此上三位均非适格之继承者。其中无人可庇佑锇之王廷免于始源星危难。希洛擅武斗而无领袖之才干;萨索娜善思而无战斗之潜能,奥拉什之好奇将驱使其背离职守。所有子嗣的未来均令我担忧。
None of these are suitable heirs. None of them will protect the Osmium Court from the howling Fundament. Xi Ro can fight, but not lead. Sathona can think, but not fight. Aurash's curiosity will draw her away from duty. I fear for all future children.
不久之后,锇王将自锁其身于皇家星仪内,闭门研习卫星之象。诸氦饮者,召集骑士,入主锇廷,除三姐妹。我将摄政统治锇廷,为你方建造引擎。
Soon the Osmium King will lock himself into the Royal Orrery to study the moons.
Gather your knights, o Helium Drinkers, and invade our continent. Kill the three heirs.I will rule the Osmium Court as your regent, and build engines for you.
如此计不成,我愿葬身于深海利维坦之腹。
And if I fail, let the Leviathan in the deep eat me.
述之于悲痛,
Written in grief,
可憎之请求,
This hateful request,
陶克斯,锇廷虫母,无后观者
Taox, Osmium-mother, neutered to watch
三、注解与后记
以下内容含个人理解,不一定完全正确
这篇文章是锇廷之中不育之虫母、三姐妹的宫廷导师陶克斯写给敌对势力氦之王廷的投敌信,可以说陶克斯的通敌正是导致锇族成为后来的邪魔族的根本原因之一(这是后话),这里从尽可能客观的角度分析陶克斯的行为思路,主要就是她认为锇族国王已然年老且变得疯狂魔怔(症状具体表现为整天不知道在干嘛,经常和海边捡来的那个死去的蠕虫对话),而锇王目前的子嗣,也就是希洛、萨索娜与奥拉什之中并没有适合继承王位的继承人,三者均有其弱点难堪大任,因此她意图通敌联合氦王国颠覆锇之王廷的统治,这里不遑论其决定是否正确,但我个人觉得通敌叛国终究还是不义之举,更何况是对欺压锇廷已久的氦王朝俯首称臣(不知道为啥感觉有点满清朝廷对西方列强那味),纵使年幼的希洛尚且知道与氦王国不共戴天,希望上阵杀敌,身居高位的虫母与宫廷导师却意图引狼入室,不知是锇族的悲哀还是成为邪魔族的必然。
实体书翻译手稿其中一版